Making Up A Contract..

Decorating By The_Sugar_Fairy Updated 4 Sep 2009 , 5:52pm by sugarsugargal

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 12:40am
post #1 of 4

Hi all! I was wondering if someone could help me. I'm trying to make up a contract. I have my first wedding cake order next May and I'm meeting with the bride next week to collect a deposit and discuss the cake. I don't have a business as of yet (this is for a friend of a friend) but I wanted to be able to give the bride something in writing that we both can sign. I don't want to copy someone's word for word; I just need to get an idea of what to include when I make mine up. If anyone can help me out, here's my e-mail address; maybe you could send me a copy of yours or post it somehow here?? [email protected] Thanks so much!

3 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 2:46pm
post #2 of 4

This is one from a CC member. She posted it on here and I kept the link! Hope this helps.
http://sweetartweddingcakes.com/Contract.html

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 3:01pm
post #3 of 4

go to www.cakeboss.com and get a contract..........I use theirs only I tweaked it for my own use.

It opens up as a word document and you can just click and change stuff really easily as needed, which makes it really nice when you get a cake order because you can fill in all of the bride's info and pricing and such for them and email it to them, then they just print and sign and mail it back......I have a lot of out of town brides and they love that I'm able to do this........also is nice to be able to email the contract so they know what to expect and I keep a "copy" of each contract on my pc as well as the actual signed copy in a filing folder so I have access to all of my contracts past and present anytime I'm on my pc!

you can see a copy of my contract here if you'd like to see the changes i made to cake boss's contract

http://www.freewebs.com/khalstead/weddingcakecontract.htm

sugarsugargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarsugargal Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 5:52pm
post #4 of 4

KHalstead thanks for posting yours, it looks good icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%