Chocolate Mousse Recipe

Decorating By marv Updated 1 Sep 2005 , 9:01pm by aunt-judy

marv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marv Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 7

i'm looking for a good choc. mousse filling recipe and 'wonder if anyone of you could share the best tasting recipe that they have...thanks!

6 replies
aunt-judy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aunt-judy Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 7

i'd be delighted to post it, but i tried posting my chocolate truffle recipe last week and it has yet to be processed and posted.

i like to make a kind of moussey-cream instead of mousse, as it can be made with non-dairy whippable topping or whipping cream, and also contains no egg or gelatin.

basically, you melt 350g chocolate with 1 tbsp butter on 50% power in microwave for 2+ minutes, stir to melt and set aside to cool.
whip 500 ml (2 cups) whipping cream (with powdered cornstarch stabilizer if you like, and a little vanilla) or non-dairy whip such as NutriWhip or Richs, to firm peaks. add some of the cream to the chocolate, blending on low with electric mixture till combined, and repeat this step once or twice until chocolate mixture is lighted up -- add this mixture to the remaining cream and blend. the mousse will firm up upon standing or refrigeration, and you can also frost with it. great flavour and easy-to-make. you could also serve it as a dessert on its own, though it is firmer than traditional dessert mousse.

marv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marv Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 7

thanks! i'll try this one!

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 4:05pm
post #4 of 7

Here's a link to the chocolate mousse recipe I use frequently. It's really more of a chocolate whipped cream than a true mousse (real mousse uses eggs), but it's delicious and not too heavy. You can add a little more cocoa powder for more intense chocolate flavor. Although it does need to be refrigerated, the gelatin keeps the cream from separating, so the filling is stable for several days in the fridge.

http://dessert.allrecipes.com/az/HrshysChcltMss.asp

I've made this many times as a chocolate cake filling and people love it.

Daniela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniela Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 7

Sounds like a really good recipe Aunt-Judy. I'm gonna copy that one and use it sometime!!!

Daniela

dinkadoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinkadoo Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 8:50pm
post #6 of 7

I have an EASY one for you. Use 2 cups of heavy whipping cream and mix on high speed with 1 package of instant chocolate pudding mix (any flavor will work). It's delicious and spreads easily.

aunt-judy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aunt-judy Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 9:01pm
post #7 of 7

dinkadoo: chocolate pudding mix...cocoa, sugar, cornstarch...excellent combo to set and stabilize the whipping cream thumbs_up.gif ...hmmmm, i wonder if a sugar-free pudding mix would work as well? used with unsweetened whipped cream this might be an excellent (and economical) choice for diabetics.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%