Super Hero Cake! Need Creative Ideas!

Decorating By Tarielena Updated 4 Sep 2009 , 2:51am by Tarielena

Tarielena Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 5

Hey everyone,

I am making a superhero themed cake for my friend's son's birthday party. It is going to be three tiered square (probably 6, 8 & 10) and the cake itself will be decorated to look like a city building with Spiderman climbing up the side fighting villains etc. The main cake will be decorated with buttercream frosting smoothed with Viva papertowel, then I will make all the extra decorations out of MMF.

So, any fun ideas? I'm thinking of having some flames coming out of at least one window, what are some other details I can add?

4 replies
FairyPoppins Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 12:18am
post #2 of 5

I think the Wilton yearbooks have lots of Spiderman themed cakes if you have access to any of those. Also CC just had a Superhero contest last month so there may be some good ideas in there. Also Decopac sell a plastic Spiderman/superhero pack which makes a big tiered cake but might be a starting point.

Hope that helps icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 12:20am
post #3 of 5

Did you look at the photos in the gallery of the super hero cake contest?
Are you signed up for the CC newsletter? You can get all the information on new contests there.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

rharris524 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 1:34am
post #4 of 5

I just uploaded a pic of a spiderman cake that I did recently...luckilty it was pro-bono b/c it was definitely not my best work...it actually fell over (like, literally fell off of the table and I had to catch it in mid-air) and I had to grab it and repair it at the last minute...Yikes! Anyhow, maybe you'll be able to see past the disaster and get some ideas

Tarielena Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 2:51am
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone so far, and I will check out the superhero contest photos for sure icon_smile.gif However that will be in the morning, I am off to bed!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%