Oh. No. Need Some Help.

Decorating By schnumvf Updated 4 Sep 2009 , 1:35am by cheatize

schnumvf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schnumvf Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 6

I started making my daughters b-day cake. 8inch round is finishing up right now. I'm making the fairy castle cake from the romantic castle set. Anyway, I seem to have misplaced a piece from the Wonder Mold kit! I have the cake pan and the rod but I am missing the 3rd piece. What is it, is it important and can I still make the cake without it?
ARGH! I know it is here somewhere I just don't know where to find it!

Can anyone help? Thanks.

5 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 6

I'm guessing it's the nut that holds the rod in place. Maybe you could find a replacement.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 6

Is it the piece shaped like a saucer that holds the pan upright? I think that you might have to search for it, if it's that part.

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 8:20pm
post #4 of 6

Yeah, if it's the flat disk that hold the pan up, maybe you can just balance the dome in a corning ware dish with foil shoved around it to stabilize it... Good luck! These missing things can drive me crazy at the last minute! For me it's the Exact knife. icon_smile.gif

schnumvf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schnumvf Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 9:12pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks everyone. Yeah, it was that disk looking piece. My husband came up with the idea to put a flower nail on the bottom. So we did that with the rod thingie on top of it. The batter didn't leak and all seemed well. Notice how I said SEEMED well. When I went to turn the cake out onto the cooling rack it collapsed. It wasn't done in the middle even though I tested it with a toothpick and it was fine. icon_sad.gif Going to get more ingredients and try baking in a pyrex bowl instead.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 1:35am
post #6 of 6

You need to test it with a skewer, not a toothpick. It needs to get to the middle of the cake to really tell if it's done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%