Mff, I Guess I'm Crazy!!

Decorating By in2cakes2 Updated 4 Sep 2009 , 7:28am by xstitcher

in2cakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
in2cakes2 Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 11

Alright, I love MFF and have been making it for a while without any problems. The other day I made a batch and posted on here how much of a mess I had made and how unruly it was being icon_cry.gif (fondant war). Well I used some of that batch last night to cover some practice mini cakes and it was THE MOST BEAUTIFUL EASY TO MANAGE fondant to date icon_confused.gif Go figure I guess I'm just crazy! icon_lol.gif Just thought I'd share icon_biggrin.gif

10 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 10:51pm
post #2 of 11

LOL, that's pretty funny. icon_biggrin.gif

mjk350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjk350 Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 11:00pm
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by in2cakes2

Alright, I love MFF and have been making it for a while without any problems. The other day I made a batch and posted on here how much of a mess I had made and how unruly it was being icon_cry.gif (fondant war). Well I used some of that batch last night to cover some practice mini cakes and it was THE MOST BEAUTIFUL EASY TO MANAGE fondant to date icon_confused.gif Go figure I guess I'm just crazy! icon_lol.gif Just thought I'd share icon_biggrin.gif

Glad it worked out. LOL. Is that recipe on CC? icon_biggrin.gif

WildSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WildSugar Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 11:36pm
post #4 of 11

I had a MMF war the other day too, on a WEDDING cake of all things.... I know why though. The humidity here (Idaho) was way higher than usual because there was a storm rolling in. I dont know how ya'll that live in humid climates manage fondant!!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 11:50pm
post #5 of 11

Well, we buy the commercial stuff. Here in the Ohio Valley, the temp and the humidity are the same number.

in2cakes2 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 5:36am
post #6 of 11

yeah mjk, this is where I got it.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 5:45am
post #7 of 11

in2cakes2, so what happened? maybe it just needed to rest some more? or maybe it was the humidity? i love MFF it's so delicious.

in2cakes2 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 5:51am
post #8 of 11

I am not sure, maybe humidity. All I know is it is awesome to work with now, lol go figure.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 6:41am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk350

Quote:
Originally Posted by in2cakes2

Glad it worked out. LOL. Is that recipe on CC? icon_biggrin.gif

Here's a link from Michele that lists all of the FAQ's on her fondant as well as a link to her recipe (great fondant btw and it is not the same as MMF - although the acronyms are similiar).

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-625727-mff.html+information

HTH!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 7:25am
post #10 of 11

xstitcher thank you SO MUCH for that link! I learned so much from reading it. Especially the do not microwave the fondant to thaw part. I've been doing that! been using MFF only and I thought I knew it all. LOL Thanks again! I have bookmarked it.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 7:28am
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

xstitcher thank you SO MUCH for that link! I learned so much from reading it. Especially the do not microwave the fondant to thaw part. I've been doing that! been using MFF only and I thought I knew it all. LOL Thanks again! I have bookmarked it.

Your welcome. I've got it bookmarked myself icon_lol.gif !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%