Cinderella Glass Slipper Ideas?

Decorating By amberkw Updated 3 Sep 2009 , 2:59pm by cylstrial

amberkw Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 1:59pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know how to make a glass slipper, or something very similar? I looked thru ALL the shoe pics in the galleries. Am I going to have to settle for a gumpast/fondant shoe? I am making my daughter a princess jewelry box cake & want to put a glass slipper next to it. I also want to try to reduce the size of the shoe. Any pics or templates and advice would be fantastic. Thanks!

5 replies
traceyjade Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 2:06pm
post #2 of 6

See if you can find a silicone shoe mold and make it from sugar.

nesweetcake Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 6

I have got the stuff, but never tried yet. My idea was take the clear plastic mold, two sided for chocolate shoe. I think it's about a 9 in shoe. They say the mold is ok to 400 deg I believe. Heat isomalt, Think it is to 385 pour in mold and see if works. I know the only problem could be that the mold will not tolerate the heat so I would do over an aluminum pan just in case you have throw out the mold, isomalt and pan full of hot sugar. Good luck if you try and let me know it it works. I don't have time to try until the last week of Sept.

Texas_Rose Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 2:15pm
post #4 of 6

Kids are not as particular as we are. I made a little gumpaste shoe for practice and painted it in shades of pearly blue. My daughters and all of their friends who happened to see it said, "Oh wow, Cinderella's shoe!" I thought it was funny because that wasn't what I was going for.

Loucinda Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 2:29pm
post #5 of 6

I have made a couple of them out of gumpaste - I sprinkled the crystal disco dust on them - it is little, about 4" long - here is a pic of the red one I have done, just imagine it instead of red with a "diamond" look (which is what the disco color "white diamond" would be). I have sold a couple of them for use as Cinderella's glass slipper.

cylstrial Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 2:59pm
post #6 of 6

Loucinda - your shoe turned out great!

I would think the isomalt would work! Let us know how it turns out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%