Funky Letter Cutters - Is It Just Me? How Do I Use Them?

Decorating By izzy1953 Updated 3 Sep 2009 , 1:46pm by PinkLisa

izzy1953 Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 3

i recently bought a set of the funky letter cutters, but i am having a really hard time using them...i did one cake...see pink and green princess cake in my photos............but they are so hard to use!!!! am i not doing it right....im using gum paste, rolling it thin, and using corn starch, but i can't get them to release!!! what am i doing wrong???? any advice would be greatly appreciated because they are just so cute and add so much to a cake!!

2 replies
PinkLisa Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 1:46pm
post #3 of 3

They look great on the cake! Once you get the hang of them they are pretty easy. I used them on the Back to School cake I just posted on my photos. Make sure you dip the cutter in powdered sugar first. Then press down on the gumpaste and turn over and run your finger over the cutter to get a clean cut. Then I lay the one end on the table and pull back the top so it flings onto the table surface. Or you can just quickly and firmly hit the tappit onto the table. Usually it will fly out without damage. Sometimes they get damaged but overall it goes pretty quickly. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%