Standing Up Teddy Bear Cake?

Decorating By Kay_NL Updated 3 Sep 2009 , 12:21pm by majka_ze

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 11:42am
post #1 of 2

I have an inquiry about a standing up ewok cake that a regular customer found a picture of! I haven't made any cakes of that type so am seeking some knowledge about HOW to do it (how to form the body parts, make the proper stand, support the entire cake fully, etc) before I agree or feel comfortable in doing that cake.

The cake she sent me a photo of is similar to this one:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1230997.html
I have sent a PM to v_holtkamp asking for help but haven't heard back, so figured I would ask all you very talented cake artists!! icon_smile.gif

Thank you sooooo much, in advance!

1 reply
majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:21pm
post #2 of 2

It is not as complicated as it looks like. You need heavy cake stand (wood is probably best) and good support. The cake stand needs to be rather heavy, else it could topple over.

See attached picture - you need to fix the two support dowels well in the cake stand and fix a small cake board on top. Mold the feet from RKT around the dowels and from the bottom of the cake board. After this, it is a simple matter of two ball-like shaped cakes on top of each other. Set the body on the cake board. Run 3 or 4 support dowels through the cake (depending on the size of the top cake and set the second cake /with cake board/ on top of it).

For better understanding: look at the picture. Cake is the gray part only and you already know how to construct it. Depending on the size you would construct it as three tier cake - with two tiers in the body and third would be the head.

The rest is an elaborate cake stand only, for the lack of better description.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%