So Angry!

Lounge By prterrell Updated 3 Sep 2009 , 8:48pm by michellenj

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 14

This summer, we were staying at a hotel in a large city. One of their employeess, while driving the hotel's shuttle van, drove into our car. The accident was completely the other driver's fault, but because it happened in the parking lot, and he moved the van immediately after hitting our car, we have no proof (other than the utter impossibility of his version, his 3rd version that is, of the events when compared to the damage to our car). I called the cops at the time of the accident, but because it was in the parking lot, they wouldn't come out. So the hotel's insurance has denied our claim. On top of that, at the time of the accident, the other driver, after moving the van, got out and started yelling at me, basically telling me that I, a guest at the hotel, had no right to be in the parking lot. The manager on duty was utterly unsympathetic and seemed very disgruntled with me that he had to deal with the situation. Due to all of these factors, we will never stay in a hotel of that chain anywhere ever again.

If you'd like to join us in our boycott, PM me.

Edited to remove name of hotel and city from post (had it colored white before, but changed in case mod's still thought against rules).

13 replies
Marina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marina Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 9:10pm
post #2 of 14

Are there any cameras in the parking lot? Are there any other witnesses? I would be calling corporate...

prterrell Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina

Are there any cameras in the parking lot? Are there any other witnesses? I would be calling corporate...

No and the passengers in the van, who apparently couldn't see anything from where they were sitting.

I will be composing a very strongly worded letter and sending it to corporate.

I am also encouraging any and everyone I can to boycott this chain. They hit my CAR and thus my POCKETBOOK, therefore, I'm gonna hit theirs via loss of customers.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 10:25pm
post #4 of 14

I can certainly understand your anger. But, I'd hold off on boycotting the chain until we hear what corporate has to say. Any one hotel can inadvertenly be saddled with a bunch of f*(ktards. A friend of mine is a GM for a major hotel chain and she would have that manager's head for breakfast!

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:55pm
post #5 of 14

I am really not a big fan of Hotels especially after my ordeal when they charged me for 3 rooms and refused to give me my money back... One of the receptionist/hotel clerk, was dragging her feet helping me so I called the corporate office on their @$$ and got my hotel room for free for the 3 nights I stayed AND if I ever want to visit their hotel again.

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 1:48pm
post #6 of 14

Have you called your insurance company? I've heard sometimes they are better at going after people to keep from having to pay out.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 1:57pm
post #7 of 14

well, depending on where you were(what state) when the accident happened. You maybe screwed now, as far as the insurance company goes. If no tickets were issued it may fall under a no fault claim and if thats the case each drivers insurance company pays for their own damage.

jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 5:25pm
post #8 of 14

Definitely write to corporate. If you don't get anywhere, contact YOUR car insurance company and have them help you out. I work in a law office - where this type of thing is the main focus of one of our attorneys.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 5:57pm
post #9 of 14

it sounds like they know they are in the wrong but are trying to avoid paying for what they did. i would get a lawyer, especially because it wasn't your fault. is your insurance going to go up??

i'd be soooo mad!!! icon_mad.gif

prterrell Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 6:00pm
post #10 of 14

It was in VA. We were there on a business trip (my DH had to take a training class and I don't work summers, so I went with him), but driving our car. I called the cops before I ever got out of my car and the 911 operator said that cops will NOT come to an accident in a parking lot unless there are injuries, which there weren't. I begged and pleaded for them to come anyway and they wouldn't.

We called our ins, but they said that our rates would go up if they had to get involved.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 6:05pm
post #11 of 14

cops don't come to accidents in parking lots... icon_confused.gif are you kidding me??!! icon_eek.gif how stupid is that! icon_cool.gif

that stinks about your insurance! icon_redface.gif

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 8:02pm
post #12 of 14

parking lots are considered private property so they don't come out for those.

I go straight to the president and CEO of these kinds of things. Also BBB

prterrell Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 8:11pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane

cops don't come to accidents in parking lots... icon_confused.gif are you kidding me??!! icon_eek.gif how stupid is that! icon_cool.gif

that stinks about your insurance! icon_redface.gif

They do where I live (small town in GA), but i'm guessing in large cities they have too much going on to deal w/ parking lot accidents. But, yeah, I think it's stupid, too, because it pretty much guarrantees the victim's gonna get you-know-what.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 8:48pm
post #14 of 14

That really stinks. I'd send the letter certified or FedEx so that you make sure that it gets to the person you want to receive it. Otherwise, an admin might open, read, and put it in a bin somewhere. At my hotel, when corp gets a complaint, the offending hotel has 24 hours to respond, so it should get resolved quickly.

Could you PM me the chain and location?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%