Airbrushes??

Decorating By Melanie182 Updated 4 Sep 2009 , 1:16pm by Melanie182

Melanie182 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 7:38pm
post #1 of 7

Just wondering if anyone could tell me the differnce between catering airbrush kits & other non catering airbrush kits?

Apart from the price i cant see any difference so if you know please could you explain to me.

I'd really like to get one but the cost is putting me off

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 8:06pm
post #2 of 7

Not sure what you mean catering icon_confused.gif Do you mean hobby such as model airbrushes or food airbrushes?

Melanie182 Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 7

I was looking at getting a food airbrush for cake spraying/decorating & wondered what the difference was between one for that & an airbrush for Models or Nail art

Is there any difference i know the paint obiously is different but is the Brush itself different in any way

wildwolves Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 10:17pm
post #4 of 7

i would love to know this too.. i have been looking at them for ages but the cake decorating ones here in Oz go for about $600! which i think is a massive investment!! What types of machines are people using??

tiggy2 Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 10:24pm
post #5 of 7

As far as I know there is no difference. Just be sure you get a compressor that has adjustable pressure (psi).

Darthburn Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 10:53pm
post #6 of 7

Went to Harbor Freight and bought a 40 psi Oil-less aircompressor with airbrush kit for about $80.

Compressor has a moisture trap. I can add a pressure regulator if I want to (40 psi has been just gravy), and most importantly its OIL-LESS.

Works great, cleans easily and I love it to death.
Compressor:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=92403

Airbrush looks like this:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=95810

Melanie182 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 1:16pm
post #7 of 7

YAY now i know what to look for & thing there's a greater chance of being able to afford one. Some of the airbrush kits for food were about 179 english pounds (approx$360) which is out of my price range.

Maybe if i'm good Santa might get me one for Christmas this year lol

Thanks all so much for your worldly knowledge have a great weekend
Mel x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%