Check Out This Site

Business By yumcake06 Updated 2 Sep 2009 , 7:01pm by ASimpleBaker

yumcake06 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 12

I found this website online today, I was readin through it and seems like they have copied another website's wrods word per word and translated it, also It seems like the pictures are from other websites.

of course I can't call them casue they are in Mexico and that phone call is pricey

11 replies
KHalstead Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 12

I wonder if it IS the same company's sites? Like if that company owns both sites?

tab_stout Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 12

I think it is the same company. If you look under Contact Us. They hae the same address

matthewkyrankelly Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 12

Looks like it is the same place. Just a different path to. One looks like it just has a different intro page.

kokopuff Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:24pm
post #5 of 12

Yeah,looks like the same company but holy crap I'd croak if I had to pay that much for a cake!

tab_stout Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:29pm
post #6 of 12

Holy Crap, I didn't even look at the prices until you said that. Wow!! Maybe that's how they can afford to have two websites. lol

xinue Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:32pm
post #7 of 12

Yep, it is the same shop Sacher Cake Shop
It's a mexican site, so the prices are in mexican pesos and the exchange is about 1 peso for 0.7 american $

Solecito Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:32pm
post #8 of 12

The fisrt link takes you to the e-shop,the second link is the main web site.
The prices are in mexican pesos which are about 1/13 of a dollar. Still pricey though...

ASimpleBaker Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:37pm
post #9 of 12

Umm, the sites are charging in a different currency then US dollars I think. If the bakery is out of Mexico, I would hazard a guess that the sums listed are in pesos..which is something like .08 cents to one then the pricing on the cakes seems a bit more a 4 tiered "Square Present" cake would be about $431 American which seems about right for that much fondant work and layers...~~grin~~

kokopuff Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:43pm
post #10 of 12

My bad I just assumed since it had a $ mark in front of it it meant american $'s even though it was in spanish.I thought pesos had a different mark like after the amount?I don't know I'm just a dumb ol' country girl!but yeah know that I know better the price seems more reasonable. icon_lol.gif

tab_stout Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:52pm
post #11 of 12

Oops, I spoke to soon, I suppose I should have looked into how they were truly priced, before making a comment. I though the same as kokopuff
that the $ meant US dollar. Shows how much I know about international things. icon_redface.gif

ASimpleBaker Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 7:01pm
post #12 of 12

oops, must have composed and sent as the others posted..sorry everyone, I did not mean to be repetitive to what others said... tapedshut.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%