Check Out This Site

Business By yumcake06 Updated 2 Sep 2009 , 7:01pm by ASimpleBaker

yumcake06 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 12

I found this website online today, I was readin through it and seems like they have copied another website's wrods word per word and translated it, also It seems like the pictures are from other websites.

http://pastelesdefondant.com.mx/sacher/index.php?cPath=26

of course I can't call them casue they are in Mexico and that phone call is pricey

http://www.sacher.com.mx/index.html

11 replies
KHalstead Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 12

I wonder if it IS the same company's sites? Like if that company owns both sites?

tab_stout Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 12

I think it is the same company. If you look under Contact Us. They hae the same address

matthewkyrankelly Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 12

Looks like it is the same place. Just a different path to. One looks like it just has a different intro page.

kokopuff Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:24pm
post #5 of 12

Yeah,looks like the same company but holy crap I'd croak if I had to pay that much for a cake!

tab_stout Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:29pm
post #6 of 12

Holy Crap, I didn't even look at the prices until you said that. Wow!! Maybe that's how they can afford to have two websites. lol

xinue Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:32pm
post #7 of 12

Yep, it is the same shop Sacher Cake Shop
It's a mexican site, so the prices are in mexican pesos and the exchange is about 1 peso for 0.7 american $

Solecito Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:32pm
post #8 of 12

The fisrt link takes you to the e-shop,the second link is the main web site.
The prices are in mexican pesos which are about 1/13 of a dollar. Still pricey though...

ASimpleBaker Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:37pm
post #9 of 12

Umm, the sites are charging in a different currency then US dollars I think. If the bakery is out of Mexico, I would hazard a guess that the sums listed are in pesos..which is something like .08 cents to one peso...so then the pricing on the cakes seems a bit more reasonable..so a 4 tiered "Square Present" cake would be about $431 American which seems about right for that much fondant work and layers...~~grin~~

kokopuff Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:43pm
post #10 of 12

My bad I just assumed since it had a $ mark in front of it it meant american $'s even though it was in spanish.I thought pesos had a different mark like after the amount?I don't know I'm just a dumb ol' country girl!but yeah know that I know better the price seems more reasonable. icon_lol.gif

tab_stout Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:52pm
post #11 of 12

Oops, I spoke to soon, I suppose I should have looked into how they were truly priced, before making a comment. I though the same as kokopuff
that the $ meant US dollar. Shows how much I know about international things. icon_redface.gif

ASimpleBaker Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 7:01pm
post #12 of 12

oops, must have composed and sent as the others posted..sorry everyone, I did not mean to be repetitive to what others said... tapedshut.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%