Chocolate/white Chocolate Fondant

Decorating By hobbymommy Updated 2 Sep 2009 , 6:09pm by kello

hobbymommy Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 2

Every time I type white chocolate fondant into the search box & select 'topics only' I can only view the first page of topics. When I click next or Page 2, it says there are no topics. So, I'm not having much luck here.

White chocolate - If I add 2 oz. melted white chocolate to my melted marshmallows (MMF), will that give it an ivory color?

Chocolate fondant - I've seen some suggestions for adding both melted choc. chips AND cocoa, and I've seen suggestions adding only cocoa. I'm aiming for a very dark chocolate colored fondant. When making chocolate fondant, do you NOT use conf. sugar? What are the do's & don'ts here? I am planning to cover cakes with it, could I make it today & use it on Friday? Is it better to use fresh? Are there any tried & true recipes for DARK colored choc. fondant?

Thanks a million!!!
Crystal
SAHMommy to Madison (9, HLHS), Natalie (5, Healthy), Neveah (1, renal dysplasia - transplant soon - YEAH!) & 1 angel (m/c on 11/15/0icon_cool.gif

1 reply
kello Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:09pm
post #2 of 2

I've made it with melted chocolate and cocoa once and found it hard to work with. The next time I left out the melted choc. and just used the cocoa. (you do use powdered sugar.....take out some PS and replace with cocoa. I used about a cup) It came out much better in my opinion. I let it rest overnight. It came out fairly dark, but if you want it darker, just add a bit of brown food coloring or extra cocoa.
HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%