Wedding Cookies

Baking By tatorchip Updated 4 Sep 2009 , 12:41pm by cylstrial

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 14

I need advice on how to pack 250 cookies (50 in bags) My sister will bring them for me, from La. to Houston. It will take about 4 hours and then the wedding will be the next day. I can't take up too much room in her car, she is attending the wedding. They will have colorflow, RI and fondant on them. I don't want them to melt or break. TIA

13 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 8:09pm
post #2 of 14

Wrap each cookie with bubble wrap and tape.Then line a box with bubblewrap as well and lay each cookie side by side.As long as they are good and snug against each other they won't move.I packed and wrapped 100 to go on the airplane and none were broken!!

tatorchip Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 14

Thanks kiddiekackes, I have plenty of bubble wrap, I save it when I get something in the mail, wow, I will kill two birds with one stone. Safe cookies and more closet room. Great idea. Thanks again

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 11:54pm
post #4 of 14

That's a good idea to keep bubble wrap when you get a package!

tatorchip Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 11:57pm
post #5 of 14

I am a pack rat lol thank you cylstrial

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:03am
post #6 of 14

I've sent cookies with Biodegradable loosefills peanuts (I've got them when I make an order on Golda's kitchen) (http://www.movingboxworld.com/shop/C2340.aspx) .. And none broke (but they were 2 inch circle logo cookies).. No space to move in the box.

tatorchip Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:19am
post #7 of 14

another good idea but I have the bubble wrap so will use it, recycle is always a good thing. I will write the web site down for future use thanks so much verono.

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:28am
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

another good idea but I have the bubble wrap so will use it, recycle is always a good thing. I will write the web site down for future use thanks so much verono.

I've never ordered from them, it was only to show you...
I recycle mine too when I place an order with Golda's kitchen icon_smile.gif

tatorchip Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:59am
post #9 of 14

oh, thanks, glad to hear how so many cc members recycle. I love hearing that. My dog (Tatorchip) loves his sock toys. When I get an old sock and stuff it with the sleeves of old tee shirts he goes wild, I knot the end and he plays with it till I have to throw it because he kills it lol, then I make another one. My DH takes the rest of the tee shirt for oil rags in his shop. lol

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 1:05am
post #10 of 14

You might want to throw a packet or two of dessicant in there, to keep humidity from melting the icing to the bags.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

tatorchip Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 1:12am
post #11 of 14

yes, that is another good idea, thanks playingwithsugar, I sure will do that. I knew I could count on ya'll for help. Should I lay tissue over them and leave the box open on the ones that won't be bagged TIA

cylstrial Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 2:15am
post #12 of 14
Quote:

I am a pack rat lol thank you cylstrial

icon_lol.gif LOL! So am I! I just never thought to keep the bubble wrap before. In fact, I tell my husband I'm a "rat packer". And he says that "two rat packers" should not be allowed to get married.

He's not a pack rat and he is so glad that he's not - because we would be in big trouble if he was. LOL.

A fellow rat packer! Whoo hoo!! icon_biggrin.gif

tatorchip Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 2:30am
post #13 of 14

OMG we would never be able to go anywhere together because we would have to rent a truck to get back lol my hubby is like yours but they have their little things also. lol I had to do a little throwing or give aways now that I decided to start doing cakes and cookies lol

cylstrial Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 12:41pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:

OMG we would never be able to go anywhere together because we would have to rent a truck to get back lol my hubby is like yours but they have their little things also. lol I had to do a little throwing or give aways now that I decided to start doing cakes and cookies lol

LOL! They do have their man toys (like tooks etc). icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%