Need Help Please Quick! - Batman Order

Decorating By Mylittleflutterby Updated 3 Sep 2009 , 1:37pm by txnonnie

Mylittleflutterby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mylittleflutterby Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 5:16pm
post #1 of 6

I just got a request for batman cupcakes for which the customer wants some with batman's face and some with the bat symbol. I am not sure the best method to tackle making the face and symbol and how much to quote her for, so I thought "the wonderful people on CC are sure to be able to help me!". I would like to get back to her asap as she wants them for the 13th so any help would be greatly appreciated!

5 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 6

Well, that's easy. You can't do these legally, it is copyright infringement. You can ice the cuppies in color of her choice, and she can purchase and put in batman pics herself.

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 2:15am
post #3 of 6

On my batman cake for the symbol I printed it and sized it to the size I wanted. Printed that on card stock and made my pattern. Face...sorry I used the figures. You may could print it out and make a stencil to use.

DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:54pm
post #4 of 6

Yup, have to agree with the first answer. If you are selling these cakes, you may NOT use ANYTHING associated with Batman that you have not purchased from a company already authorized to sell these items. This is copyright infringement. Pretty simple.

MalibuBakinBarbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 1:07pm
post #5 of 6

Mylittleflutterby, everyone here's just looking out for you! icon_smile.gif I believe that if you're doing this for friends/family (hobby baker like me, no money exchange), you can do the batman theme and its' likeness.

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 1:37pm
post #6 of 6

There are tons of superhero cakes on here of all styles, from images to plaques to carved, etc. Look at those, find one you like and PM the person to see if they can give you some help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%