What Size Sps To Buy?

Decorating By Skirt Updated 3 Sep 2009 , 2:39am by AFCakeBaker

Skirt Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:23pm
post #1 of 4

I am considering taking the plunge and buying SPS. My question is, what size to buy? For a 6" cakes, would you buy 6" or 7" plates? I ask because I don't know if the 6" plate is exactly 6" or does it allow for icing and fondant?
Any help would be much appreciated!

3 replies
KHalstead Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:36pm
post #2 of 4

I buy the same size as the cake, the sps are just slightly smaller than a 6" cardboard round, which is perfect.....because it's enough to support the cake but you don't get any of the sps board sticking out from the cake once it's stacked.

not sure where you're ordering from, but if you plan to order $50.00 worth of caking stuff www dot oasissupply dot com has the best prices I've seen on the sps........I think they start on page 5 of the wedding stuff (look under "your special day")

I buy all my piping bags, and cake drums from them too.......good prices, fast shipping, reasonable shipping, and great customer service.......now if they would just get rid of the $50.00 minimum order thing! lol

tracycakes Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:59pm
post #3 of 4

I order SPS from the same place. They are great! Oasis and SPS

AFCakeBaker Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 2:39am
post #4 of 4

I was looking at Oasis, and they have a sister site (www.larkscakeand candy.com ). There is no minimum there and they are still below list price.

Quote by @%username% on %date%