The Absent Minded Baker

Decorating By Kitcake Updated 3 Sep 2009 , 4:59pm by Williamus

Kitcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitcake Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 5

This past Saturday I made a cake for my nephew's birthday party. When I made the batter I had a little left over so I poured it in a 4inch pan for a little family snack. My oven is very small so I decided to wait until the other cakes came out before I baked my little one. I had just pulled the big cakes out and put the little one in when my husband asked me to run an errand with him. I figured no big deal, the little cake can wait another 20 minutes. I turned off the oven and we went out the door. We came back 2 HOURS later and my big cakes were cool and ready to decorate. I decorated the cake, did the dishes, made dinner for the family, watched Family Guy and went to bed. I totally forgot about the little pan of batter in the oven. icon_redface.gif I just remembered it this morning! icon_redface.gif Needless to say I trashed the batter.

4 replies
KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:21pm
post #2 of 5

That is hilarious...i am somewhat of an absent minded baker. Sometimes I have to think about whether or not I've already put oil or water lol.

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:49am
post #3 of 5

Better to have forgotten to bake it, than to forget to turn the oven off before you left the house!!

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 2:27am
post #4 of 5

I thought I was the only one
LL

Williamus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Williamus Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 4:59pm
post #5 of 5

I do this sort of thing all the time...I set a timer for everything. Sometimes when I open the oven to rotate the pans I put the convection fan on for a minute or two to get the hot air circluated after closing the oven door. If I don't set a timer, I forget to shut it off...and have burned more than one cake that way. I forget everything.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%