Ghetto Cake

Decorating By rvercher23 Updated 6 Sep 2009 , 4:21am by summernoelle

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 9:03pm
post #31 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvercher23

She said she wants it like super ghetto.

I'm telling you, ghetto just isn't "ghetto" without big, chrome rims.

tx_cupcake Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 9:04pm
post #32 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by txcupcake

KKC, in the neighborhood I grew up in (SE Houston), there was this phenomenon where people with trucks (mostly Chevy Silverados) would have a mural of the truck airbrushed onto the tailgate of the truck. And not only that, they would have the truck in different settings. Sometimes the truck would be sitting next to a serene waterfall, other times it would an action shot with the truck involved in some kind of race or high speed chase...

My all-time favorite, though, was one of my neighbors who had Jesus hanging out of the driver's side window of the truck with a gat. icon_eek.gif

I've always wanted to do a photo essay featuring these trucks. They are truly ghetto fabulous!

(You could always do a cake with a mural of the cake airbrushed on the side... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I am having way too much fun with this!)

icon_eek.gif You have got to be freaken kidding me about the Jesus one!!!!!!!!! I'm still trying to find the words.

No ma'am. When I say I grew up in the 'hood, I mean it!

rvercher23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rvercher23 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 9:07pm
post #33 of 77

Its for a guy, so I don't want it to be too girl-ish.

coldtropics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coldtropics Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 9:12pm
post #34 of 77

I'm personally offended at the notion of what ghetto means to many of you. Why is a gold chain "ghetto" but not a big gaudy cocktail ring? Is it because of who wears the chain vs the ring. I would simply have asked the customer what it was specifically that they had in mind. Personally many peoples tastes dont suit mine... however, i choose not to lable people.

coldtropics Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 9:13pm
post #35 of 77

I'm personally offended at the notion of what ghetto means to many of you. Why is a gold chain "ghetto" but not a big gaudy cocktail ring? Is it because of who wears the chain vs the ring. I would simply have asked the customer what it was specifically that they had in mind. Personally many peoples tastes dont suit mine... however, i choose not to lable people.

rvercher23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rvercher23 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 9:18pm
post #36 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldtropics

If you do a search for ghetto stuff on google, you will be amazed at that comes up. It is not like I am saying that a gold chain is more ghetto than a coctail ring. And when I say gold chain with a big emblem, I am thinking of the gold chain with a hub-cap or huge clock on it! I am not labeling, I am just trying to make the client happy and having a hard time thinking about what I want to do so I wanted to get some other opinions cause I know everyone on this site is super imaginative and talented!!!

tx_cupcake Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 9:33pm
post #37 of 77

Well, it wouldn't be Cake Central if someone wasn't offended by something ridiculous. icon_lol.gif

Chill out, coldtropics. The Politically Correct Police have been notified and will be here directly. icon_rolleyes.gif

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 9:59pm
post #38 of 77
Quote:

Ummmmm...because of the people who live in the ghetto wear it? Big gold chains with pants around their knees and boxers hanging out and gold grills on their teeth? Did you know they even sell fake grills to kids at Walmart? The big gross gold teeth for them to wear?'

Come on-do not even start that sensitive stuff here. Calling a genre or whatever ghetto is no different than calling something else redneck or disco. Are we not allowed to classify anything anymore? Are we all supposed to be the same and have the same PC vanilla labels on everything? I am so sick of everyone getting all riled up over nothing to the point that everyone is terrified to even express and opinion anymore, out of fear of being called a racist.

Get over it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghetto
http://images.google.com/images?rlz=1C1GGLS_enUS335US335&sourceid=chrome&q=ghetto&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

kokopuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kokopuff Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 10:13pm
post #39 of 77

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I just about fell out of my chair reading these post!

Bluebelles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluebelles Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 10:27pm
post #40 of 77

Sagging, baggy jeans, with boxers hanging out, and sideways cap.

bennett5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bennett5 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 10:35pm
post #41 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerMorgan

Quote:

Ummmmm...because of the people who live in the ghetto wear it? Big gold chains with pants around their knees and boxers hanging out and gold grills on their teeth? Did you know they even sell fake grills to kids at Walmart? The big gross gold teeth for them to wear?'

Come on-do not even start that sensitive stuff here. Calling a genre or whatever ghetto is no different than calling something else redneck or disco. Are we not allowed to classify anything anymore? Are we all supposed to be the same and have the same PC vanilla labels on everything? I am so sick of everyone getting all riled up over nothing to the point that everyone is terrified to even express and opinion anymore, out of fear of being called a racist.

Get over it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghetto
http://images.google.com/images?rlz=1C1GGLS_enUS335US335&sourceid=chrome&q=ghetto&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

I second that OfficerMorgan! You go girl !! thumbs_up.gif

hails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hails Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 10:35pm
post #42 of 77

I would love to see a pic of your cake when it is done, good luck!!!
Have a super day!

coldtropics Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 10:36pm
post #43 of 77

first of all whose riled up? secondly... if you are simple enough to believe that being offensive is opposite of being pc... well then i cant help you. im entitled to my opinion. its not ok simply because we are talking about what are typically more urban folk. no more so than it would be ok for someone to make stereotypical comments about any other group. im certain that i could come up with a few things that many of you would find hard to brush off and get over if i tried hard enough.

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 10:50pm
post #44 of 77
Quote:

first of all whose riled up? secondly... if you are simple enough to believe that being offensive is opposite of being pc... well then i cant help you.

It's not offensive to talk about what's true. A person who wears a giant cocktail ring could be considered trashy while a person who wears the necklaces and grills would be ghetto. While a fat man in a wife beater would be white trash. Who the heck cares?

Let's take a drive (or a train) down to the ghetto part of town and see what is worn and what people look like and what is considered ghetto. That doesn't make me "simple minded". It makes me observant.

Quote:

its not ok simply because we are talking about what are typically more urban folk.

So we are never allowed to talk about other groups, ever? I mean, never ever ever ever?

Quote:

no more so than it would be ok for someone to make stereotypical comments about any other group. im certain that i could come up with a few things that many of you would find hard to brush off and get over if i tried hard enough.

Someone asked for a ghetto cake. Everyone was talking about what that constitutes. No reason to be offended by that. Again-PC means we can't talk about anything or any or our differences. Ghetto, redneck, white trash, disco, celebutante, white, black, Mexican, etc. We are all different. Why is everyone so afraid of that? Why is it wrong to look at our differences and have FUN (which is what that cake is) with it?

Sweetriley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetriley Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 10:57pm
post #45 of 77

You have GOT to post a picture of your cake when you're finished. I can't wait to see it!

coldtropics Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 11:03pm
post #46 of 77

I do not stereotype people or groups. and I would never call anyone white trash or redneck or ghetto or anything other than their name. this is a mute point. if you think its ok... then i guess its just that, ok.

Butterpatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterpatty Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 11:20pm
post #47 of 77

Sweetie, where I am from, the guys are PROUD to be called rednecks. It doesn't carry the same kind of connotation that it did. It basically just means a plain thinking good ol' boy "unless" you say it with a certain tone and expression.

jackmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackmo Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 11:21pm
post #48 of 77

Girl like I'm sayng, make that ghettofied cake. make sure you bling it to the max!!! Say fo instance draw gold chain necklaces all over the cakes with a blinging gold rims at the end. Since this for a man. plus put a gold border at the bottom of each cake. then add diamonds (candy like diamonds here and there. bet he would like it icon_biggrin.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 11:31pm
post #49 of 77
Quote:

I do not stereotype people or groups. and I would never call anyone white trash or redneck or ghetto or anything other than their name. this is a mute point. if you think its ok... then i guess its just that, ok.

It's "moot". Not "mute".

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 11:33pm
post #50 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

Quote:

It's "moot". Not "mute".

LOL I was just thinking that! thumbs_up.gif

summernoelle Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 11:39pm
post #51 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amia

Quote:

Quote:

It's "moot". Not "mute".

LOL I was just thinking that! thumbs_up.gif

High Five! (In Borat voice). Oh, wait, Borat is stereotyping. Uh oh.... icon_eek.gif

damanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
damanda Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 11:47pm
post #52 of 77

OMG!! I have to see this cake when you get it done.

coldtropics Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:00am
post #53 of 77

thank you for correcting the grammatical error... the post was written in haste not out of ignorance.

tx_cupcake Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:14am
post #54 of 77

We may need the jaws of life to extract this particular panty bunch... icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif

P.S. OP, I can't wait to see your cake!

Amia Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:18am
post #55 of 77

You know, stereotypes exist for a reason (as does punctuation and capitalization, just sayin'). If a group of people didn't act/dress a certain way then the stereotype would not exist.

I, for one, can't wait to see this ghetto cake. Hey Cassi, let's change the Beatles theme to ghetto...after all, DH is from the ghetto.... icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

summernoelle Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:22am
post #56 of 77

I can't wait to see it either! Sounds very cool.

So I'm thinking black fondant, graffitti airbrushed on, bling bling bling and gold necklaces. How fun!

Amia Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:24am
post #57 of 77
Quote:

I can't wait to see it either! Sounds very cool.

So I'm thinking black fondant, graffitti airbrushed on, bling bling bling and gold necklaces. How fun!

Oh Summer, that's a cute idea!

tx_cupcake Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:29am
post #58 of 77
Quote:

Hey Cassi, let's change the Beatles theme to ghetto...after all, DH is from the ghetto.... icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

YES!!! It will be my greatest work, complete with edible grillz: one for the bride and one for the groom! And the inscription can say, "Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta". icon_lol.gif

Amia Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:30am
post #59 of 77
Quote:

Quote:

Hey Cassi, let's change the Beatles theme to ghetto...after all, DH is from the ghetto.... icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

YES!!! It will be my greatest work, complete with edible grillz: one for the bride and one for the groom! And the inscription can say, "Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta". icon_lol.gif

Hellz yeah! You can use OP's cake for inspiration! icon_biggrin.gif

summernoelle Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:31am
post #60 of 77
Quote:

Quote:

Is it sad that when I hear that, I think of Office Space? When they are beating up the copy machine? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

geeze, I am SUCH white bread! icon_lol.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%