Pregnant Belly Cake ?

Decorating By Ksauls Updated 2 Sep 2009 , 6:05pm by starcitycakes

Ksauls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ksauls Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 11:53am
post #1 of 5

Can anyone tell me how to make this cake?

4 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:23pm
post #2 of 5

You just bake a sheet cake. And then bake a ball cake (for the belly). Then if you have a glass bowl that has a good bottom to it (small at the bottom and a little bigger at the top). You will use that for the boobs. You just pour a little bit of cake batter into the bowl - depending on how big you want them to be.

Your glass bowl has to be oven safe - and watch the cake carefully so it doesn't burn.

starcitycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starcitycakes Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 3:12pm
post #3 of 5

I used the 11x18 sheet cake. Took the largest of my pyrex bowls (the ones that come with the 3 sizes) Then made 4 cupcakes. The pyrex bowl was the belly. The cupcakes were the boobs. I had to cut and shape the cupcakes just right. The smalles pyrex was just too big for boobs icon_smile.gif I took one of the tops off the cupcakes and put it on top of the belly where the flat spot was. (after it was all done it actually kinda looked like the baby was kicking LOL) I then Frosted it with buttercream and then took a big peice of fondant and covered the whole thing. Trimmed it around the boobs and top part of the belly. Then I took my fingers and formed wrinkles I guess you would say at the bottom to make it look more like a dress. I then took some fondant and rolled it into tiny balls and put a pearl necklace on. I don't have a picture of mine. They are on my cellphone and I can't get them off. icon_lol.gif

hollyberry91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyberry91 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 5

I used the wilton soccer pay and 2 jumbo cupcakes for the boobs. I didn't have to do any carving or use sheet cakes that way icon_razz.gif

starcitycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starcitycakes Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:05pm
post #5 of 5

I did the sheet cake just because. I thought maybe it would look better if it was on a sheet cake vs. a cake board

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%