My Mff Is Not Piable Enough!! Urgent Please Help

Decorating By Marmette Updated 2 Sep 2009 , 8:12pm by kyhendry

Marmette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marmette Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 10:54am
post #1 of 9

Hello everyone. So i have been trying to make the MFF everyone talks about on cc. However i couldnt get corn syrup so i used an equal amount of glucose syrup and my fondant did not come out right at all.
it cracks so badly when i roll it and i simply cant even put it on a cake. Anyone know how to help me out. there is no corn syrup i the country im in. Thank you

8 replies
lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 11:47am
post #2 of 9

Put a bit of vegetable shortening (crisco) on your hands and knead it in. Add it (the shortning) a tiny bit at a time. That should help.

Reimagining_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reimagining_Confections Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 12:11pm
post #3 of 9

You can also microwave the MMF for a few seconds(only a few or it will melt). This makes it more pliable. I don't use corn syrup or glucose in my fondant. Just marshmallows, water, powdered sugar and an extract(vanilla, lemon, hazelnut, etc).

If it doesn't work, start over with a recip that doesn't use corn syrup. Godd luck.

And texas(country?- USA) doesn't have corn syrup? icon_confused.gif

Marmette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marmette Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 12:58pm
post #4 of 9

im not in Texas at the moment thats why, went on vacation for a while outside of the US but its not marshmallow fondant im trying to make its michele fosters fondant.

so please someone help me. the crisco doesnt seem to be making that much of a difference

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:08pm
post #5 of 9

I suspect you added too much sugar at the beginning. If the crisco isn't doing the job, try moistening your hands with water, knead, and moisten your hands again, until you feel you've got the corrct consistency. Give that a try, if it doesn't do the trick, I recommend starting over and not adding as much sugar. Good luck to you.

Reimagining_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reimagining_Confections Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:26pm
post #6 of 9

Oops my bad. Never tried MFF, good luck!

Makes more sense now about country thingicon_smile.gif

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 5:55pm
post #7 of 9

Michele's fondant is very stiff when it has been sitting. Have you tried kneading it very well? I just made a batch yesterday and kneaded it out today. It is cooler here today (no complaints LOL!), and it took me quite a while to loosen up the entire batch. When I first start, it feels very stiff to the touch and it crumbles and breaks when I try to break off a handful, and it will crack and tear if I try to roll it out at that point. After kneading thoroughly, it is smooth and elastic - it stretches out almost into a cord rather than breaking and crumbling when I grab a handful and pull. I suspect you haven't kneaded it to that point. Glucose should be a good substitute for corn syrup - that should not have ruined your batch. Be careful trying to microwave it to warm it, though - it is better to just knead until it is elastic.

kyhendry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyhendry Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 8:00pm
post #8 of 9

There was a thread yesterday on MFF and they had a link to an FAQ page that Michelle made but my search function is not working today for some reason. I did paste it in a word doc. It won't let me attach here but I can PM to you. It says what to do if it's too dry/hard/soft etc.

kyhendry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyhendry Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 8:12pm
post #9 of 9

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%