Will This Be A Problem??

Decorating By sugarandslice Updated 2 Sep 2009 , 1:41pm by matthewkyrankelly

sugarandslice Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 7:56am
post #1 of 7

Hi folks,
I'd like some opinions please.
It's a simple thing, really. I'm going to bake tomorrow morning and I've prepped my tins tonight. I've greased, floured, lined, greased and floured again ( over the top perhaps but nothing sticks to a tin in my house!! icon_wink.gif )

I've only ever prepped tins just before using them and I'm pretty sure it won't matter but I'm just interested if anyone else has done this and come across a problem?

Thanks in advance

Emma

6 replies
bashini Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 8:12am
post #2 of 7

Hi Emma, I have never done that before. Always prepare the tin before baking. icon_smile.gif

majka_ze Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 8:27am
post #3 of 7

Cover your pan now (because of flies or bugs or whatever) and it is not going to matter. It is simply matter of "one doesn't do it this way".
Some people work with home-made pan release (mix of fat/oil/flour). They prepare and use it as long as there is any. The mixture is sometimes weeks old, the only difference is you have it on your pan and they have it still in can.

Rylan Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 9:38am
post #4 of 7

I also suggest you try the homemade pan release suggested above. It works great!

elizw Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 10:21am
post #5 of 7

if i have a lot to do, i will prep them then night before. i just spray and line with wax paper and never have sticking problems.

Gingoodies Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:25pm
post #6 of 7

Emma, You have probably baked already...but for future reference... I have prepped my pans the night before with no problem. I just make sure to cover them with a light towel or turn them upside down on the counter so nothing gets on the coating.

matthewkyrankelly Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:41pm
post #7 of 7

That is not a problem . Go ahead.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%