Ideas For Wizards Of Waverly Place Cake?

Decorating By acperry Updated 22 Feb 2010 , 12:17am by krisyos711

acperry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acperry Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 8

I am doing a stacked 6 & 9in cake for 10yr old girl who wants wizards of waverly place on it. Any ideas? TIA

7 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 11:45pm
post #2 of 8

I know that the Russos, the main characters, own a sandwich shop on Waverly Place. Maybe you can work with that somehow.

jimmi1376 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimmi1376 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 11:48pm
post #3 of 8

I just did one for my 7y/o niece two weeks ago. unfortunately i don't have any pics of it. Here's kind of what i did.

If you use a white cake, dye the inside electric colors, like blue, green, pink, and purple. Then you color the frosting a different color for in between each layer. It's very 'alex russo' and everyone's always shocked when you first cut into it.

For the outside you can do purple with lightining all over and add edible images of the Russo's and Harper around the sides. Then put Alex standing up on top.

You could also add some of the spells around the cake or you can always add the family wand and 'the book of forbidden spells'. The wand and spell book were featured in the recent 'WoWP' movie.

sorry if it's confusing, I'm horrible when it comes to explaining ideas.

kpk125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kpk125 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 12:09am
post #4 of 8

My daughter is requesting Wizards of Waverly place also. I'm still trying to brainstorm ideas, I think this is a difficult one. What we came up with so far is making stacked spell books with a wand. I'm interested to see everyones ideas also.

acperry Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 2:32am
post #5 of 8

I love the idea of putting the spells around the cakes. I definetly want to put all the characters as well as the spell book and wand.
Thanks for all the great ideas! thumbs_up.gif

kpk125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kpk125 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:43pm
post #6 of 8

Fairly new to all this....Where would you find edible images for something like WOWP? or do you have to own your own special printer?

acperry Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 5:47pm
post #7 of 8

[quote="kpk125"]Fairly new to all this....Where would you find edible images for something like WOWP? or do you have to own your own special printer?[/quote]

I know that some people have luck going to Walmart or there local grocery bakery and having edible images printed for small fee.
Our local stores will not do it, so I order mine from ebay. Hope that helps!

krisyos711 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krisyos711 Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 12:17am
post #8 of 8

Thanks for the spells around the cake idea! and coloring the cake I love it! I have two girls with birthdays 4 days apart, One wants bugs one wants wizards. I try to come up with something special for both, I'm making an ant which is going to be really cool and all I could think of was a wand on my youger daughters cake, thanks to this it's going to be so much better now!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%