Cake Shaping Question

Decorating By sarahdeanne Updated 1 Sep 2009 , 11:43pm by Cristi-Tutty

sarahdeanne Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 6

My sister-in-law is requesting a cake for a bridal shower she's hosting. She sent me this picture.

I'm sure she found the cake posted on this site, so props to the decorator. Unfortunately, she just sent the pic, and not the link with any info from the decorator.

So, my question is, how do I get this shape? Is it a double layer that is carved freehand style? Or a heart-shaped pan with the end trimmed off, and two ball halves? How would you go about this?

Thank you so much for your input!

5 replies
Kitagrl Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 10:11pm
post #2 of 6

You could do it any way...but I think yeah probably a heart pan, either a double layer cake carved down, or a single layer heart cake with shallow ball pan halves.

Have fun!

snshin1993 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 10:12pm
post #3 of 6

it's an upside down heart with the point cut off

sarahdeanne Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 6
Originally Posted by snshin1993

it's an upside down heart with the point cut off

I figured that part out. icon_smile.gif I'm just worried how to pull off the shaping of the cheeks themselves.

Rylan Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 11:28pm
post #5 of 6

Like already mentioned, it can be done in many ways. You can use ball shape pans with lets say, a square. You can use a heart shape or you can even carve it from a sheetcake. Go with whatever floats your boat.

Cristi-Tutty Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 11:43pm
post #6 of 6

I hope this can help you I found this in the naughty section ..

or you can pm

Quote by @%username% on %date%