Best Price On Cake Plateaus?

Decorating By ttehan4 Updated 3 Sep 2009 , 12:37pm by soccermom17

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 14

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy silver metal cake plateaus? I am in central Ohio so local would be great, but shipping is fine to for right price. Thanks

13 replies
audrey0522 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
audrey0522 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 9:42pm
post #2 of 14

check out w w w d o t f o n d a n t s o u r c e d o t c o m
no spaces of course.

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 9:57pm
post #3 of 14

try efavor.com also, my hobby lobby has a 14" round for $49.99, then use the coupon or wait for the sale.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 9:57pm
post #4 of 14

I have this one: http://www.galasource.com/leeber-(elegance-silver)--catering/cake-stands-plateaus-risers/ProdDesc-89902-8050.aspx?ref=base I got it from someone on Craigslist for $30 but it doesn't look too expensive here and the shipping didn't look like it was too much.

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 10:01pm
post #5 of 14

I've purchased several from Caterer's Warehouse on Ebay. I really love them. Really heavy and high quality.

BTW, I'm in Central Ohio too...where are you? There's a local cake shoppe that allows you to rent them as well...if you're close enough, I'll give you their info.

-Michelle

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:32am
post #6 of 14

You can try cakes by sam and price theirs.

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 2:50am
post #7 of 14

Thanks. I am going to check out all the links everyone suggested. I would like to invest in my own instead of renting. Do you all charge a rental fee to your customers for the use of your own stands?

I am in Springfield.

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 2:51am
post #8 of 14

At this point I have not. Mostly have been close friends or family.

msauer Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 3:07am
post #9 of 14

I don't charge a rental fee, but I know most people do. I know alot of brides and grooms appreciate it when I tell them that as long as someone returns it by Tues of the following week, there is no charge (I will charge if they want me to come pick it up from the venue). By the time they are ordering their cakes, they feel like everyone else has nickeled and dimed to death so this is a pleasant surprise. I've had a few girls tell me that this perk (along with a few other small things) is what made the decision to hire me over another baker easy.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 12:08pm
post #10 of 14

Same thing here, I charge a deposit for them - but my brides have the use of them for free.

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 12:26pm
post #11 of 14

Can't find the Caterer's Warehouse on ebay. Anyone have a link? Thx.

msauer Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 12:42pm
post #12 of 14

AROSSTX- Not sure if this link will work, but maybe the way they have it typed with the underscores will help you locate them.

http://myworld.ebay.com/caterers_warehouse-closeouts

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 12:45pm
post #13 of 14

Thanks, it worked!

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:37pm
post #14 of 14

i don't charge a rental/deposit fee. the brides really appreciate it. I tell them it's included in the pricing of their cake. I also have cutting/server sets for them to use, tulle and lights. my delivery fee includes me to pick up the items at the venue the following week. If it's a place they can't leave the items for me, then it's their responsibility to get the items back to me. i gave you the wrong address, www.efavormart.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%