Wrappable Dryer Ingredient

Decorating By sunlover00 Updated 2 Sep 2009 , 11:22pm by Skirt

sunlover00 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 8:41pm
post #1 of 5

I'm making the deer cake this weekend for a wedding. I ordered the deer kit from Pohlman's Cakes and it came with a video. In the video, her frotsting dried almost immediately and she was able to form it and Viva it in about 1 minute! In her recipe it calls for "wrappable dryer" and she sells it on her website, but I can't find it anywhere else on the internet to compare pricing or see what the ingredients are. Anyone heard of it?? Check it out:
http://www.pohlmanscakes.com/proddetail.php?prod=9993593408

4 replies
wildwolves Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 9:17pm
post #2 of 5

WOW thats a interesting product... I have never heard of it before but would be interested to find out what is in it too.. icon_biggrin.gif

all4cake Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 3:54am
post #3 of 5

sounds like it would be similar to meringue powder....

tatorchip Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 11:04pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

sounds like it would be similar to meringue powder....

I agree, I looked at her BC recipe and no meringue powder but called for the wrappable dryer.

Skirt Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 11:22pm
post #5 of 5

I use sugarshack's icing recipe and it crusts almost immediately. My last cake I just applied it, ran a banch scraper around (not hot, just grab and spin!) and viva'd right away after. It's not glass smooth but certainly smooth enough for the work I do.
All that to say that I think hi-ratio shortening makes a huge difference... And there's no meringue powder in her recipe...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%