So I'm Starting A Cake Biz And Would Like Your Input

Business By Crustymuffin Updated 21 Sep 2009 , 7:58pm by momtofourmonkeys

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 6:26am
post #31 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

There is also a typo in the third line of the paragraph about your wife.

Where? I can't see a typo? (unless he's fixed it already)

DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 1:42pm
post #32 of 41

I didn't see that typo either, but in the paragraph above your wife's, there's a small one.

"and at that moment he knew the game as over."

I love your site - I love your sense of humor. I'm scared for you over the copywritten characters, but other than that, I think it's amazing!

Crustymuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crustymuffin Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 10:00pm
post #33 of 41

Ok I have a major update to the site. I addressed many of the comments in one way or another.

I kept the Copyrighted characters for now. I will replace them equal quality and difficulty cakes as they are completed.

I rearranged the content to address the heavy bio's and such.
There were a lot of code changes to make it faster and rank better on Google. I will say this Key word saturation is very important for search engines but very difficult to get into the copy without sounding redundant.

I hope you guys like the changes. As always I am very open to the feedback and think the site is much better due to you help.
Thank you

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 10:13pm
post #34 of 41

icon_smile.gif I like it alot better! Other than running a spellcheck (I spotted at least 3 just skimming the text) I think it's a rad site.

I always send my links to my mother, who must have been an english teacher in a past life because she catches every typo, dangling participle and incorrectly used *whatever* that slips right by me, lol.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 10:36pm
post #35 of 41

Omg--you gotta funny typo amongst the many--in FAQ

Regarding giving lessons:

Quote:
Quote:

...beginning to end construction of the T-rex cake and we will publish new lesions as time permits...

icon_lol.gif

Does the T-rex do people bodily harm and you then publish on facebook kinda thing???

No seriously I'm totally teasing you--don't hate me 'cause it's funny--belly laugh funny.

No but, dude, don't sic the T-rex on me but you do NOT have a Limited staff--did you not read my first post??

Please, mercy, no lesions. icon_lol.gif

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 2:29pm
post #36 of 41

HUGE improvement!
A few typos still - aside from "lesions" (okay, that one was pretty funny), under FAQs - your first response says "base per serving" - should be "based". Next response has "wouldn't't". And the last response says "I would want to be stuck in a musty box". While that may be true, I don't think that helps business.....
As a potential client, I like to have a clearer understanding of your pricing structure - what is your "basic" per serving price? But maybe you can let that go - what does everyone else think? Again - great job improving the site.

ajmccray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajmccray Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 3:39pm
post #37 of 41

Your website looks good but here are a couple of typos I found under the FAQ section:

Question 1 it says based per severing

On the fondant question you said people choose to peal it off--should be peel.

Good luck!!

Angela

Crustymuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crustymuffin Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 9:40pm
post #38 of 41

I fixed the spelling you all noted and what else I could find. I have an English teacher in my family. I will have them go over it with a fine eye.

When spelling and writing in general, my brain is auto complete and more often it's wrong. I just don't see it most the time. I have dealt with it all my life and do not take offense to anyone calling me out.

The thing about a Web site is that it is never done. I will continue to work on the weak spots it still has.

Thank you very much for the feedback.
-Brian

DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 12:02am
post #39 of 41

I just read through your site again. Wow! It looks amazing - I wish I lived in Austin! Great job! SO impressive! I did find a couple more minor typos for you.

Deposits
Crazy Cakes Inc. requires a 50% deposit to hold ythe booking date and the remaining 50% is due 24hrs prior to delivery. (THE)

Q: Ok similar question, what is modeling chocolate and whatâs it use it for? (USED)

Q: Do you ship cakes to other cities?
A: Not really. I wouldn't want to be stuck in a musky box. (MUSTY?)

Looks of luck with your new biz!!!!!!

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 5:56am
post #40 of 41

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but there's a typo here:

A: Absolutely and I wouldn'tât have it any other way.

I really like your site, but I'm not sure if a website for cake should contain the word "womb". I don't know why, it just kinda freaks me out.

I also agree you should up your minimum.

momtofourmonkeys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtofourmonkeys Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 7:58pm
post #41 of 41

Your site looks great! I did find a typo - under your pricing section the word the is spelled wrong. Another letter is added to the beginning of it. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%