September Cookie Club?

Baking By cinderspritzer Updated 5 Oct 2009 , 4:00pm by cinderspritzer

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 37

Has the vote for the topic or whatever been done yet? I'm anxious to make cookies! icon_lol.gif

36 replies
kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:42am
post #2 of 37

no official vote yet. so what's your 2 cents??? everything's open right now

cinderspritzer Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 2:15am
post #3 of 37

haha. i dunno. i'm gonna try to do geminirj's owl cookies, just because of how ridiculously cute they are. but i also cut out a bunch of fall and harvest themed cookies. whatever, i have tons of dough left to cook tomorrow.

kneadacookie Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 12:09pm
post #4 of 37

ooooh! i think that's a great idea! someone had mentioned trying to recreate someone's cookie. i think as a tribute to the famous GeminiRJ who recently had to log off, we should all try to recreate on of her cookies. she has so many fabulous designs, from her 3D cookies(who doesn't have a kit yet?) to her so cute baby bottoms.
ALL IN??

luvbugcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbugcreations Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 12:28pm
post #5 of 37

Hi

Good Morning everyone. I would love to participate. I am getting ready to make some experiment cookies. Want to use fondant to cover and Toba's glace reciepe as well I normally do all my cookies with royal Icing and until now I always painted not flooded my cookies they came out alright in my eyes others love them. I can only imagine what I can do now the sky is the limit and much faster icon_biggrin.gif I have learned these tips here from my new family of Cc'ers
would love to try something like fairytale's picture below
Thanks and have a great day..
LL

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 12:30pm
post #6 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneadacookie

ooooh! i think that's a great idea! someone had mentioned trying to recreate someone's cookie. i think as a tribute to the famous GeminiRJ who recently had to log off, we should all try to recreate on of her cookies. she has so many fabulous designs, from her 3D cookies(who doesn't have a kit yet?) to her so cute baby bottoms.
ALL IN??

I'm in for the tribute! icon_smile.gif

luvbugcreations Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 12:38pm
post #7 of 37

Hi just looked at Gemini's work she is amazing. Would love to do a tribute to her looks like I could do it what is her kit and where would you purchase one. thanks ladies your learn something new every minute here .

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

kerri

cinderspritzer Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 12:57pm
post #8 of 37

luvbug, that cookie is awe inspiring!

kneadacookie Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:19pm
post #9 of 37

fairytales work is also incredibly amazing. i think we should stick with trying to replicate gemini's work this month. maybe we can do fairytale next month?

luvbugcreations Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:49pm
post #10 of 37

sounds good to me

kneadacookie Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:59pm
post #11 of 37

do we need to post a new thread?

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 2:28pm
post #12 of 37

Hi! My only thought is if you are going to replicate other's work that you make sure they are fine with that and that their designs are not copyrighted. GeminiRJ is fine with people copying as you can see that she posts her templates, but others might not as their designs are part of their deisgn portfolio. Just a thought for the future. I think the idea to honor GeminiRJ is wonderful. Those gumball machine cookies are fabulous and I have been itching to play with that design! icon_biggrin.gif

kneadacookie Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 2:56pm
post #13 of 37

tracy, good point!!! i never even thought for a second. i'll have to try and send her a line. thanks tracy!!

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 5:36pm
post #14 of 37

Thanks! I think it is just best to check with the artist first. GeminiRJ seems to encourage others to duplicate her designs (at least the ones with templates), but not everyone desires that. Some might say fine to duplicate, some others might say fine to do a design 'inspired by' theirs, but not identical. This way all bases are covered. icon_smile.gif

luvbugcreations Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 5:51pm
post #15 of 37

I never even thought of that when I am inspired by someone I always give credit where credit belongs This is common courtesy.

Tracylh your work is amzing

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 4:07pm
post #16 of 37

I would be honored, thrilled, and touched that you would want to replicate my designs! I'm only able to touch base on CC on a limited basis, but this would certainly encourage me to head to the library to get on-line! CC withdrawal is a terrible thing....

kneadacookie Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 4:43pm
post #17 of 37

YEAH!!! so this month's theme is a Tribute to GeminiRJ!!!

mrslevite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrslevite Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 6:49pm
post #18 of 37

As a newbie to CC, I have no idea what a cookie club is.
Can someone explain? Thanks in advance. icon_smile.gif

RachieRach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RachieRach Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 7:19pm
post #19 of 37

A theme is picked and we all make cookies to meet that theme and post a picture of them in this thread.

This month we are duplicating a cookie designed by GeminiRJ (click on her photos above to see) or creating a cookie inspired by one of Gemini's cookies.

mrslevite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrslevite Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 8:01pm
post #20 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachieRach

A theme is picked and we all make cookies to meet that theme and post a picture of them in this thread.

This month we are duplicating a cookie designed by GeminiRJ (click on her photos above to see) or creating a cookie inspired by one of Gemini's cookies.

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

cinderspritzer Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 12:04am
post #21 of 37

Here is my sad attempt at GeminiRJ's owl cookies. Don't laugh too hard, k? icon_wink.gif My kids were thrilled, anyway.

cinderspritzer Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 12:05am
post #22 of 37

boo! it's blurry!

RachieRach Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 12:19am
post #23 of 37

They look great! Why do you think they are "sad".

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 12:32am
post #24 of 37

Funny, I just did a few days ago cookies for a very fun lady, and I tried "The Beach Babe". I am not thrilled with the result, maybe next time I should not be lazy, and should glaze the body icon_lol.gif And than I could probably use color pen to do outline instead of RI. SO DON"T LAUGH. icon_redface.gif
LL

cinderspritzer Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 12:51am
post #25 of 37

i think it's cute, Zlatkat

kneadacookie Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 12:53pm
post #26 of 37

wow...gone for a little while and what happens.....nothing. this may have been a bad month to do a tribute, what with everyone being so crazy busy. kids going back to school and all the sports have really sucked up a ton of time. i'm making my cookies tonight!

Caike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caike Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 1:44pm
post #27 of 37

Ok I'm up for this challenge...might be a bit late in the game but I'm in! I have to admit, Gemini's stuff is absolutely inspiring!!! A perfect example of how I would like my cookies to eventually look!

Gemini - I have no idea if you'll answer this or if it's a trade secret or not, but do you pipe the black outlines before filling in with the flooding? And do you use RI for all of your designs? I am absolutely giddy over your cookies!!! icon_redface.gif

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 4:57pm
post #28 of 37

I can only read a portion of the posts, as the right side is cut off, so I'll give my best answer to what I think you want to know. All my cookies are iced with a slight modification to Toba's Glace (I make the icing in smaller amounts, and add brite white food color when I mix it up). I outline each area with icing, then immediately flood with more of the same icing in a zig-zag pattern. I smooth the icing out over the entire area, using a tapered off-set spatula. This really helps eliminate any air bubbles! Once all the icing has set, I do the final outline in black using thickened glace and a #1s tip.

Kneadacookie was my inspiration for wanting to decorate cookies. Her ability to create awesome cookies using glace icing blew me away. I also loved seeing Yankeegal's cookies, and used her as a role model along with Kneadacookie. The were my first cookie heroes. And now there are so many more fantastic decorators on this site to get inspired by!

Caike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caike Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 12:24am
post #29 of 37

Thank you so much for the info! I will have to peruse their galleries of cookies as well to find more inspiration!!! I'm sooo cookie pumped.... icon_lol.gif

RachieRach Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 2:21am
post #30 of 37

Okay I actually had a lot of cookies to make this month and wasn't able to participate. This is my first year doing Halloween cookies so I tried Gemini's owl design on this owl. I only made 1 and it didn't go as well as planned. But I wanted to share:[/img]

Okay first time trying to add image.... 2nd try.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%