She's Driving Me Crazy

Business By alvarezmom Updated 7 Sep 2009 , 10:09pm by laceycakes

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 2:52pm
post #61 of 65

I'm reading all this and I don't understand why you didn't just tell her that a deposit was required to hold the date and she has not paid the deposit. Unfortunately the date is no longer available.

You aren't lying. The date is no longer available because you don't want to do the cake. She doesn't need to know why it isn't available. IT JUST ISN'T! If you end up doing a cake for someone else that weekend... it works... if not, oh well... at least you got rid of her.

She agreed to pay, did not pay, end of story. Date isn't available... leave it at that.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 3:29pm
post #62 of 65

I agree about the deposit thing. still no money to hold the cake? No cake then, simple as that. I would kindly remind her that you appreciate her level of involvement with the ordering process (I know, a flat out lie, but just go with it) but if you don't receive any deposit to hold the date, then all this "planning" has been for nothing.

And I have a question about the cupcakes. Are you saying you found plastic rings with a batman symbol on them to place on the cupcakes? Then you are not violating any copyright laws. You bought those rings, I would account the cost of those into the price of the cupcakes, but don't charge extra for them. Meaning for sake of argument, if they cost you 5 dollars, add 5 dollars to the total charge, but not 7 dollars. Get what I mean? Or you can simply send her a link to the online site where you found them or send her the address to the store you found them and tell her to buy them herself. Meanwhile you will bake and frost the cupcakes and deliver them so she can place the rings on herself. But buying a decorating kit/rings/pics/edible images (say from Decopac) and placing them on a plainly decorated cake/cupcakes is not copyright infringement since you have paid for those decorations. It's when you draw that stuff on a cake/cupcake yourself or sculpt figures like that and accept payment for it. Now if you wanted her to get what she wanted you could just do the batman and hulk fighting and not charge her or accept and offer of payment, but I think I know your answer to that. icon_wink.gif

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 5:58pm
post #63 of 65

So after I quoted her on two types of cupcakes that I could do she said she would get back to me. This was on Wednesday.....Nothing Thursday and nothing today. I think she got it when I told her on Wednesday that I had to buy the edible image--something that she didnt want--in order to do the cake.

Lessoned learned, Ladies! Thanks for all of your advise.

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 6:11pm
post #64 of 65

OMG 5 pages later.... if she calls back be sure to tell her you're booked with a paid in full orderl

laceycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laceycakes Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 10:09pm
post #65 of 65

Whoever said there was no drama in cakes!!!
It's obvious why she wants Batman..... she some kind of flipping Joker if you ask me!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%