Cake For Hubby

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 2 Sep 2009 , 3:27am by madgeowens

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 12:26pm
post #1 of 4

My hubby's birthday is at the end of this month. His family (grandma & uncle & aunt) will be in town to visit around then, so we'll probably celebrate his birthday a little earlier.

I'm trying to come up with an idea for his cake - it'll be pretty small (only about 10 servings or so). He's in the Marines, but I did a military themed cake last year, he's trying to get on the police dept. (but I don't want to do that just in case he doesn't get in), he likes the colors black & red, and he likes motorcycles... Please help!!

3 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 4:24pm
post #2 of 4

A motorcycle cake sounds great since he really likes them.

Or if he has a favorite football team - you could do the helmet cake. Those have been pretty popular lately. And football season is starting...

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 3:15am
post #3 of 4

If it's only to feed 10 or so people, my suggestion is to make a 10" round cake, and design it into a motorcycle wheel (tire). Black icing (or fondant), mark it for the treads, silver 'spokes' and hubcap. (Do motorcycles have hubcaps?) dunce.gif

Good luck, whatever you decide on.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 3:27am
post #4 of 4

Make a black leather jacket cake, its not hard and he will love it...my son was a marine and loves harleys........he loved it last year when I made him a black biker jacket.....there are two on my page....good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%