Cake For Hubby

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 2 Sep 2009 , 3:27am by madgeowens

lkoenig07 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 12:26pm
post #1 of 4

My hubby's birthday is at the end of this month. His family (grandma & uncle & aunt) will be in town to visit around then, so we'll probably celebrate his birthday a little earlier.

I'm trying to come up with an idea for his cake - it'll be pretty small (only about 10 servings or so). He's in the Marines, but I did a military themed cake last year, he's trying to get on the police dept. (but I don't want to do that just in case he doesn't get in), he likes the colors black & red, and he likes motorcycles... Please help!!

3 replies
cylstrial Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 4:24pm
post #2 of 4

A motorcycle cake sounds great since he really likes them.

Or if he has a favorite football team - you could do the helmet cake. Those have been pretty popular lately. And football season is starting...

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 3:15am
post #3 of 4

If it's only to feed 10 or so people, my suggestion is to make a 10" round cake, and design it into a motorcycle wheel (tire). Black icing (or fondant), mark it for the treads, silver 'spokes' and hubcap. (Do motorcycles have hubcaps?) dunce.gif

Good luck, whatever you decide on.

madgeowens Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 3:27am
post #4 of 4

Make a black leather jacket cake, its not hard and he will love it...my son was a marine and loves harleys........he loved it last year when I made him a black biker jacket.....there are two on my page....good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%