Why Do These Things Happen? (Long Sorry)

Lounge By mommicakes Updated 16 Sep 2009 , 6:31am by SugaredUp

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 11:53am
post #1 of 10

I know that this may not be very important to anyone else, but, I needed to at least let this out.

Last year in May, I did a cupcake wedding for the nicest cutest couple I have ever met. They were so happy, and fit perfectly together.
She had just graduated from school, he just graduated from the military academy.

They had a special cake topper made with him in his dress blue uniform to put on their cake. Her dress, the weather, timing, everything was perfect.

Fast forward to this past week from hell!!!!
I'm doing another wedding this past weekend, a friend of the couple from May, returning home, to news story on radio: Young soldier from area killed in Afganistan, Aug 23.

Something kept clawing at me the whole way home. Get home, check out the tv, name sounds familiar, go through my cake files, find it is the same young happy man from my May wedding.

Total shock sets in. I start to cry. Why do these things have to happen to kids that are just starting to live their lives happily.

I feel so bad for his wife. She is just a wonderful young lady. His parents are so proud of him. The outpouring of support for his family was wonderful. They lined streets from towns away as his body was returned to his hometown. He will never be forgotten.

I am sorry this was so long, but, I needed to share the loss of a true hero in our community here in VT. Thank you for letting me go on and on.

Please say a special prayer for all of the Service men and women serving our country. When you see a family member of theirs walking down the street, let them know you are thinking of their whole family through this time of uncertainty overseas. It does make a difference knowing we are behind our soldiers.

Thank you.
Donna

9 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 12:29pm
post #2 of 10

Oh Donna, that is such a sad story. I will definitely keep his family in my prayers as well as all the families and soldiers overseas.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 1:58pm
post #3 of 10

It's sad to hear that another soldier made it home this way.
I'm so sorry the bride, her family , the community and you are going through this.
When you join the military you know that this is always a possibility, but you always pray not for it to be.

My prayers are with your community today.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 3:31pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommicakes

I know that this may not be very important to anyone else, but, I needed to at least let this out.

Last year in May, I did a cupcake wedding for the nicest cutest couple I have ever met. They were so happy, and fit perfectly together.
She had just graduated from school, he just graduated from the military academy.

They had a special cake topper made with him in his dress blue uniform to put on their cake. Her dress, the weather, timing, everything was perfect.

Fast forward to this past week from hell!!!!
I'm doing another wedding this past weekend, a friend of the couple from May, returning home, to news story on radio: Young soldier from area killed in Afganistan, Aug 23.

Something kept clawing at me the whole way home. Get home, check out the tv, name sounds familiar, go through my cake files, find it is the same young happy man from my May wedding.

Total shock sets in. I start to cry. Why do these things have to happen to kids that are just starting to live their lives happily.

I feel so bad for his wife. She is just a wonderful young lady. His parents are so proud of him. The outpouring of support for his family was wonderful. They lined streets from towns away as his body was returned to his hometown. He will never be forgotten.

I am sorry this was so long, but, I needed to share the loss of a true hero in our community here in VT. Thank you for letting me go on and on.

Please say a special prayer for all of the Service men and women serving our country. When you see a family member of theirs walking down the street, let them know you are thinking of their whole family through this time of uncertainty overseas. It does make a difference knowing we are behind our soldiers.

Thank you.
Donna

while reading this post...i got a knot in my stomach...my husband is headed there this week. icon_redface.gif my body is numb. icon_redface.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 4:50pm
post #5 of 10

I will be praying. Military life can be hard and being a military wife even harder. But like I say, "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst".

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:06am
post #6 of 10

Along the same lines on Sunday 2 firemen were killed in the Southern CA wildfires. One of them was 37; his wife is expecting her 1st child in 3 weeks.
There are some things God does not wish to share with us.......these kinds of things is one of them. Part of it is to nudge us to pray and learn from the strength we willl see these women live on the rest of their lives.

If you have any chance please pass on to this 'bride' how grateful we are that he gave his life so that we can life free! May God bless her throughout her life.

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:14am
post #7 of 10

What you can hold in your heart is that you helped make one of the most memorable days in thier lives even sweeter. Hang in there.

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 3:07am
post #8 of 10

Too true Beeboos.

Rebealuvsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rebealuvsweets Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:06am
post #9 of 10

And the other fireman that got killed in the California fires, was my cousin's best friend's husband. He was soon to retire. It is soo very sad. But the Lord has his path for all of us. God bless the men and women that serve us for our freedom. And thank u to all the firemen that are fighting the fires in California...

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 6:31am
post #10 of 10

how awful! icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%