Website?

Business By karrotcurl Updated 2 Sep 2009 , 3:06am by Rylan

karrotcurl Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 4:29am
post #1 of 6

I'm hoping someone can help me... I want to set up a website for my business; nothing fancy, but I want to design it myself. I have purchased a domain name and am currently using a hosting site, but I have a very specific idea in mind for the design and all of their ready made templates are ugly. icon_sad.gif

Can anyone recommend a good website builder program, OR a better hosting site that has a page builder that is easy to use and allows for real customization? What/who have you used to make your business site?

TIA!

5 replies
kelleym Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 5:10am
post #2 of 6

Here's a similar thread you may find helpful:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-646436.html

anabelz01 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 10:37am
post #3 of 6

Hi... I've been using www.wix.com really simple to use, very user friendly indeed, but if you want to use your own domain name you have to pay... its about $4.50 a month I think. It may help! Anna icon_smile.gif

MichelleM77 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 6

I really like Homestead.com. I started paying $4.99 per month, but added pages and space and now it's $7.99 per month.

Google around and keep track of the hosting sites that you like (most of them have a blurb on the bottom of websites used with their program). That's what I did. Mine isn't as nice as the one that I fell in love with, but that comes with time and learning all of the tools available to customize.

leah_s Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 6:32pm
post #5 of 6

I have two simple websites set up with GoDaddy.com
www.theGalleryHouse.co and www.LouisvilleCookies.com

My cake site, www.LouisvilleWeddingCake.com is more intensive (300 pictures) and I use www.web.com for that one.

Rylan Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 3:06am
post #6 of 6

Check her out: http://www.giselejaquenod.com.ar/blog/

She is great to work with.

If you have a design in mind, give her a sketch and she will code it for you and even enhance it if you want. She is very affordable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%