In Need Of Some Assistance

Business By JT033177 Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 1:39pm by Caralinc

JT033177 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 1:50am
post #1 of 6

hi my name is jenn me and 5 other students are in a business managment course and as a LARGE part of our grade is comming up with a business plan we have decided to create a fictional cake business and were wondering.... how much start up money it usually takes to open a small cake shop? how many square feet of space would be needed for the kitchen area as well as the front of store area? and what machienes would be a definate need in this business? any info would be greatley appreciated..... thank you so much

5 replies
redpanda Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 6:37am
post #2 of 6

A good place to start would be to mention where you are--the amount of money would vary greatly by location. (CC has members in many countries, so even the monetary units would be different. Start-up money would have to take into account rent/mortgage amount, which can be very high in some places and less so in others.)

xstitcher Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 6:40am
post #3 of 6

You also will need to pay for insurance and permits and licenses just to name a few more.

GottaLuvCake Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 6:56am
post #4 of 6

Wow , now that is a project I would like to see the results of myself!!! I would suggest making an appointment to talk to a local bakery just to see what you need. Prices of equipment you could Google or see if you have a local restaurant supply that would help you with your project. Good Luck and come back to let us know the results!! thumbs_up.gif

JT033177 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 1:29pm
post #5 of 6

were located in pennsylvania... thanks for all of the help ill let you all know how we do....

Caralinc Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 1:39pm
post #6 of 6

I agree w/ gottalovecake - I would check out the local bakeries and Google the equipment for costs. Start up costs varies: permits, license, rent, equip./tools, books - education in some cases, salary for employees (I am sure I am missing quite a few more) Let us know what you find out! Great project too. Have fun w/ it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%