My First Airbrushed Purse Cake!!!

Decorating By klat7292 Updated 2 Sep 2009 , 3:14pm by klat7292

klat7292 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klat7292 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 23

OK...I thought that I could be a 'big girl' and not get my feelings hurt, icon_redface.gif but, I made my very first purse cake and posted it Sunday and over the last 2 days, I've gotten over 100 views and NOT ONE COMMENT...I mean, I don't want to sound whiny or stuck up b/c I KNOW that there are TONS of better looking cakes than mine... icon_biggrin.gif. I think that I post more comments on photos than I'm in the forums...I guess I'm an encourager by nature...so can you guys take a look at my work and tell me what you think? I REALLY appreciate all my fellow CCers and I can take constructive criticism if I need it... icon_rolleyes.gif I was just so darned excited to finally attempt my first purse cake, fondant roses and airbrushing!! I thought it looked pretty good! icon_smile.gif

So tell me whatcha think?! Let the critiques roll.... thumbs_up.gif
LL

22 replies
klat7292 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 11:24pm
post #2 of 23

ANYONE? icon_confused.gif

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 23

I think it is very pretty! Were the flowers airbrushed too? Really nice!

conb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conb Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 11:58pm
post #4 of 23

I think you did a great job! icon_smile.gif I haven't attempted a purse cake or air brushing. Kuddos to you for coming out of your comfort zone. Keep up the good work.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 12:07am
post #5 of 23

I think it turned out really cute! I love the roses! And the airbrushing looks great as well. I've never done that - and the way you did it looks like it would be difficult. =o) So I think you definitely deserve BIG KUDDOS!

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 12:08am
post #6 of 23

well i am certainly jealous...i want to airbrush too!!! your cake is wonderful...i think you did a great job!!! i never saw this or i would have commented on it!!! great cake...great air brush job...

makeminepink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makeminepink Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 12:10am
post #7 of 23

It's darling!! I can't believe no one had anything to say! I can't believe you airbrushed that design--it's great. I know what you mean-- sometimes you put a pic on and think it's some of your best work and yet no one says a thing. It's very kind of you to be an encourager. I hope I've encouraged you. I've never done a purse cake-- gotta give it a try!

klat7292 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 1:33am
post #8 of 23

Thanx soooooooooo much guys for all of the comments!! icon_biggrin.gif I'm sorry if I sounded pushy or overbearing; I am just so proud of myself for even accomplishing this!! icon_lol.gif Y'all just don't know how bad I want to do this full time!! One day...one day...

Now I have to confess... icon_rolleyes.gif The airbrushing is NOT freehand...it is the Wilton floral impression mat on fondant...but I think it came out pretty good for my first timer! Right now I'm preparing another cake to airbrush - STARS on all buttercream - so we'll see how that one comes out...I have a great feeling about that one! I prefer sugarshack's recipe and method...and it is FINALLY coming out like it should..... icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks again everyone for the encouragement!! We ALL need it from time to time.... thumbs_up.gif

makeminepink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makeminepink Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 1:48am
post #9 of 23

Hey-- it doesn't matter what you used-- it just matters that it came out so nicely!

klat7292 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 2:06am
post #10 of 23

thanks pink!! icon_smile.gif I just took a peek at your cakes...AWESOME!! thumbs_up.gif Especially the Name cake (with Shayla)...how did u do that?! LOVE it!! icon_biggrin.gif

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 2:52am
post #11 of 23

It came out terrific!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 2:03pm
post #12 of 23

You did a wonderful job! There are so many cakes downloaded each day it is hard to see all of them. I don't see anything wrong with you wanting someone to notice your work! thumbs_up.gif

(there are some exceptions to this - there is one who posts a LINK to EVERY cake they do - now that I find irritating)

MrCake01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrCake01 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 2:24pm
post #13 of 23

klat7292,
We all need recognized from time to time. That keeps our spirits up and makes us want to keep going. You decorated an awesome cake. The way I look at it is when the members are looking through the small thumbnail pictures and they stop and click on one something caught their eye. You need great job. I'm impressed more by your fondant work, but everything looks perfect. Keep up the good decorating.
Goodjob,
Mrcake01

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 4:21pm
post #14 of 23

i have to say i have searched the new downloads through 50 pages and never saw it so i will leave my comment here icon_biggrin.gif

i think your air brushing weather using a template or not is great icon_smile.gif i know from experience it is not simple and really hard getting an even tone so well done. i love the roses icon_cool.gif

well done

Sharaine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sharaine Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 4:28pm
post #15 of 23

Looks great.. I have not attempted anything like that yet. I am still taking my classes at Michaels.. oneday.. Great job.

klat7292 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 7:02pm
post #16 of 23

Thanks everyone for the kind comments!! icon_wink.gif

Scrummy...I was thinking the same thing - I tried looking for my pic too...I never did seem to find it...I uploaded it to the Birthday Cakes section....hmmm... icon_cool.gif

Well, I feel a lot better now icon_lol.gif I knew that I was over reacting! icon_rolleyes.gif

YAY CCers!!

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:55am
post #17 of 23

Looks really nice. Great job. I try to take time to look and comment on the photos, but have been really busy lately. I think it is important to ecourage one another through the photo comments.

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 12:22pm
post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by klat7292

OK...I thought that I could be a 'big girl' and not get my feelings hurt, icon_redface.gif but, I made my very first purse cake and posted it Sunday and over the last 2 days, I've gotten over 100 views and NOT ONE COMMENT...I mean, I don't want to sound whiny or stuck up b/c I KNOW that there are TONS of better looking cakes than mine... icon_biggrin.gif. I think that I post more comments on photos than I'm in the forums...I guess I'm an encourager by nature...so can you guys take a look at my work and tell me what you think? I REALLY appreciate all my fellow CCers and I can take constructive criticism if I need it... icon_rolleyes.gif I was just so darned excited to finally attempt my first purse cake, fondant roses and airbrushing!! I thought it looked pretty good! icon_smile.gif

So tell me whatcha think?! Let the critiques roll.... thumbs_up.gif

Your cake is very nice. You did a great job!

I'm sorta new here....people often mentioned they've posted pix, but I've never been able to figure out where to look for them.

txnonnie Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 2:09pm
post #19 of 23

I'm sorta new here....people often mentioned they've posted pix, but I've never been able to figure out where to look for them.

Look under the galleries tab and you will see photos.

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 2:48pm
post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by txnonnie

Look under the galleries tab and you will see photos.

I have done that....but is there a way to find a specific photo that some mentions without having to look through a thousand others?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 2:59pm
post #21 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Arnett

I have done that....but is there a way to find a specific photo that some mentions without having to look through a thousand others?

Sure, look up the decorator's username and then enter their photo gallery to see newest uploads. icon_smile.gif

If you have favorite decorators, enter them as "buddies" and it's very fast and easy to see what they've been doing.

HTH

txnonnie Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 3:00pm
post #22 of 23

Once you go to the galleries tab. On the purple line under the tabs is the word 'search' click on that. Once there you can enter the user name and look at just that user's pix.

klat7292 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 3:14pm
post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

If you have favorite decorators, enter them as "buddies" and it's very fast and easy to see what they've been doing.

HTH

icon_lol.gif That's what I do!! And I've got a LOT of BUDDIES!! thumbs_up.gif

Thanks again everyone for the comments...y'all just don't know what it means to me!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%