Charging For Cream Cheese Mints

Business By Mindy1975 Updated 1 Sep 2009 , 11:10pm by Mindy1975

Mindy1975 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 9

Hi guys......just wondering what you charge for cream cheese mints. Do you have a minimum order? And what do you charge, by the dozen, or what? Any insight would be appreciated! Thank you so much! Mindy

8 replies
indydebi Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 12:16am
post #2 of 9

Gosh I haven't made those in years. They are so good! But I do remember how much work they are. I'd charge per 4 doz min. I'm not making that big of a mess and clean up time for 12 lousy mints. I can't help with price 'coz it's been awhile, but definitely have a high min buy.

Mindy1975 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 9

anyone else?? please?? lol I was thinking $2.00 a dozen?? so $8.00 per 48 count?? I'm in central Illinois if that helps at all. I'm trying to locate some prices from other bakeries, but having no luck at all. Thanks Debi for the response!

Mindy1975 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 8:30pm
post #4 of 9

O.k. I got to thinking about this. I always have to step away from it and then ponder about the labor and all.....and then think about would I want to sell a small amount of mints or make it worth my while to really do it. Would I get a dropped jaw if I said , " I do cream cheese mints, and I have a 100 qty. order minimum. It is $25.00 per 100 qty. order. " Tell me what you think. lol In my one person bakery every order has to be worth my while. I'm not going to crank out a two dozen cream cheese mint order for around $5.00. lol uh........NO lol

Katie-Bug Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 8:37pm
post #5 of 9

I think $25 per 100 is good.

That's about what I charge, I know this sounds but what I charge depends on what else they're getting. If someone wants to add them to a cake order, I know a little off, but if someone just calls up wanting some they are $25 per 100.

Oh, and I sell be the 100. You don't wanna have to do just 25, trust me some people will want to just get that many! icon_wink.gif

Mindy1975 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 9:35pm
post #6 of 9

Thank you so much for the input! THat's the thing........she just wants mints! I think she already has the cake and all......so I have to set aside time from just that order. That's why I'm kind of hesitating before calling her back. I've made them before, but never had an order for them...let alone by themselves. Thank you so much for your input. Mindy

Brenda0217 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 9:51pm
post #7 of 9

I know this is probably going to sound stupid, but I have never heard of cream cheese mints, what are they? and how do you make them? They sound wonderful.

leah_s Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 9:52pm
post #8 of 9

Man, I haven't seen those things in thirty years!

Mindy1975 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 11:10pm
post #9 of 9

lol typical leah reply! lol Thanks! Just when you thought nobody does them anymore!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%