Cupcake - Not Sure How To Do These

Decorating By tab_stout Updated 31 Aug 2009 , 11:01pm by xstitcher

tab_stout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tab_stout Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 6:41pm
post #1 of 7

So this may seem like a dumb question but I have never made flowers directly on to cupcakes, and I was wondering how you would do this first cupcake. Would you start in the middle at a 90 degree angle and work your way out to more of a 45 degree angle. Or do you start on the outside and work your way in.

I've got extra cupcakes and icing from this weekend, and I thought I'd teach my little sister how to do something, and these look like something she'd enjoy.
LL
LL

6 replies
tab_stout Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 7

Sorry had not posted an attachment (didn't mean to add it so many time)
Also on this cake, Do you know what tip she used
LL

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 7

the first ones look like she used a 104 tip. if she did... then ... you start on the out side.. it does not look like the 1m tip to me. which you start on the inside.. the second one looks like the chrysanthemum tip.. 81.. that is how i see it..hth

JustKeepSwimming Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustKeepSwimming Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 7

The tip they used on the second message's flowers is a 123. I've been wanting to give these a shot myself so hopefully someone will have some ideas. Good luck and have fun with your sister!

ShayShay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShayShay Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 7:09pm
post #5 of 7

There is a really good video on you tube for cupcakes similar to these. Just look up cupcake boquet.

tab_stout Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 10:02pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks everybody! I will try your ideas.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 11:01pm
post #7 of 7

Here are some video's from youtube for various cupcakes with piped flowers that you could always try doing with your sister. If you want the two toned look just strip you bag. Have fun with your sis!

For the 1st pic I also think they've used a petal tip. I'm not sure which type of tip they used for #2 as I can't see it as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%