Anyone Know What Stand Mixer This Is . .

Decorating By sugarsugargal Updated 2 Sep 2009 , 1:44pm by cutthecake

sugarsugargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarsugargal Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 5:02pm
post #1 of 6

. . . pictured in the Planet Cake book....it looks sooooooooooooooo cool icon_smile.gif ??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 replies
sugarsugargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarsugargal Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 6

ok found it, its a Sunbeam icon_smile.gif seems cheaper then a KA too . . anyone have one of these ? x

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 2:49am
post #3 of 6

I don't have one, but I've read that they used to be good but the newer ones aren't made as well.

jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 3:00am
post #4 of 6

I don't know what model it is but I have went through 3 of the Sunbeam mixers that WalMart sells in the last 6 months because they have plastic gears inside. I finally bought a KitchenAid. Best investment I ever made so far.

jillangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillangel Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:26pm
post #5 of 6

The older model Sunbeams were made to last like the Hobart Kitchen Aids. My grandmother had a Sunbeam mixer that saw regular use. It was a wedding present to her and she gave it to me as my first mixer. That thing lasted close to 50 years! But I replaced it with a Kitchen Aid and wouldn't buy a Sunbeam now. I agree they aren't made like they used to be.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:44pm
post #6 of 6

I'm a Sunbeam Mixmaster girl from way back, but last year I converted to KA. They don't make the Mixmasters like they used to, and their customer service was lacking when I had a problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%