Help! Butter Is Seeping Through My Ri

Baking By DanielleTanton Updated 31 Aug 2009 , 8:46pm by Deb_

DanielleTanton Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone ever had an issue where you have iced your cookies in Royal Icing and butter from the cookie stains the RI? It happens to me everytime! What am I doing wrong?

7 replies
Deb_ Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 8

No I haven't had that problem....what cookie/icing recipes are you using?

DanielleTanton Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 8

NFSC! Maybe it is the Meringue powder I use? Sometimes the icing gets soft on the cookie as well...

Deb_ Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 11:57am
post #4 of 8

It's interesting that you say that about the icing getting soft too.

I usually use Penny's Rollout recipe found in the recipe section on here, however I decided to try the NFSC since that is the recipe most people here use.

I too thought that the cookies were way too soft and delicate. I won't be using that recipe again.

I love Penny's recipe with a glace icing..........I pipe with royal but prefer the glace for the taste and texture.

neelycharmed Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 1:51pm
post #5 of 8

Dkelly,Can you post the recipe for the icing please?
I did a search and can't find anything.
TIA,
Jodi icon_smile.gif

Deb_ Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 6:14pm
post #6 of 8

Sure here you go........I usually add about 1/2 tsp of creme bouquet flavoring to the recipe too.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/6523/suagr-cookie-icing

tatorchip Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 7:56pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

I usually use Penny's Rollout recipe found in the recipe section on here, however I decided to try the NFSC since that is the recipe most people here use.

I too thought that the cookies were way too soft and delicate. I won't be using that recipe again.

I love Penny's recipe with a glace icing..........I pipe with royal but prefer the glace for the taste and texture.

dkelly thanks so much , do you use the RI right on top of the glaze after it dries tia

Deb_ Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 8:46pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

dkelly thanks so much , do you use the RI right on top of the glaze after it dries tia

Yup, by the time I'm finished icing my last cookie, the first one is dry and ready for me to decorate with the RI.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%