Standing Sculpted Figure Cake... Welp!

Decorating By ohgateaux Updated 30 Aug 2009 , 4:34pm by muddpuppy

ohgateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ohgateaux Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 3:11pm
post #1 of 3

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3490/3261026392_d6504d2df3.jpg?v=0

I want to make Kiki, the little black cat from Animal Crossing, standing and waving.

A long time friend of mine is coming to visit me next week and I REALLY want to make her an awesome cake. I'm really comfortable with making sculpted cakes, but not so much with making standing ones with lots of supports inside.

I've seen this AMAZING bobble head cake here recently and can't seem to find it again... and I know there was a Cake Boss episode with a standing bunny that they've taken off the website. I must stink at using the search feature, because I can't seem to get it to show me any useful threads. icon_sad.gif

Really I just want to know a good support structure. I really don't mine making the body or the head out of styrofoam, and legs out of rice krispies... but I want at least half of her to be cake!

2 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 3:54pm
post #2 of 3

Check out the cake support systems at caljava (just google it, I don't think posting the link here will work). Even if you don't want to spend the $$ for one, it might give you some good ideas.

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 4:34pm
post #3 of 3

Yes, I agree... you need the cake study thingy from caljava...so awesome..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%