Luster Dust 1St Timer

Decorating By G_Cakes Updated 30 Aug 2009 , 8:48am by babykonst

G_Cakes Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 8:29am
post #1 of 3

Hello everyone icon_smile.gif

I have a few questions regarding Luster Dust.

I have never used it on a cake before and was wondering what is the best way to apply it.

It is very expensive out my way and you only get a small quantity so I was hoping to find out and tips or suggestions on the best way to apply it.

I want to use it on a cake where I will be doing some cornelli lace work.

I am wondering should I just mix it directly with the butter cream I am using to do the cornelli or would it be better if I just added it after the fact?

ANd also how would you apply it afterward? just brush it on dry or do you add water or some other liquid like extract?

Thanks for reading icon_smile.gif

Miss Lizzy

2 replies
HamSquad Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 8:43am
post #2 of 3

I've used Luster dust on buttercream frosting after it has crusted. I use a soft brush to gently apply. I mainly use luster dust on fondant flowers or on RI scrolls or lettering. Make sure you let your buttercream cornelli lace sets or crust before applying or it will scrape off. I don't know anything about adding to frosting. Never read anything on that so far. HTH

babykonst Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 8:48am
post #3 of 3

i agree with above poster!! i dont know anything about adding it in the bc, usually its mixed with lemon juice or your best bet would be vodka, as it drys the quickest hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%