Help 1St Birthday Cake Ideas...

Decorating By Steelgoddess Updated 30 Aug 2009 , 6:25pm by Steelgoddess

Steelgoddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steelgoddess Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 11:17pm
post #1 of 10

Hey everyone!!

Im new here!

I want to make a cake for my sons 1st birthday party but I am clueless on what to base it on.

He loves in the night garden, but I want to do something special and unique for him but not sure what!!

Help!!!!

Oh p.s his party has no theme but the colours are Blue and silver...

Oh also he loves going swimming and being pushed on the swings...

icon_sad.gif

9 replies
BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 11:25pm
post #2 of 10

I was all over the place for my daughter's first B-day too, I did a beach theme. I did a two tiered blue cake with sand for the borders and part of the top. The used things like teddy grahams and put bathing suits on them, and had beach balls and towels and that.

For my son I did a train cake. In the center of the board was a round cake and then around that I did tracks and cake for the cars and put differnt cargo in each one.

HTH

Sarah

Steelgoddess Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 11:31pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks for your reply... it is hard at this age as you can't tell what their into...

A train could be a good idea... im terrible at making decisions!! Lol God knows how I choose a name for him!

BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 11:44pm
post #4 of 10

I did the train cake years ago, before I knew what I was doing. But I just chose a large board and did a 10" round in the middle. I put his name and the #1 on it. Then used string licorice as the tracks and did the mini loaf pan for the cars. I made each one a different color and did some different cargo, in one, I crushed up oreos for coal, I used the frosted animal cookies in one, m&m's in another, I forget the others. Oh, and I used and ice cream cone in the engine. It was cute and the kids all wanted the different cars. I just used one of the cars for the smash cake, so that was handy. Hope that helps.

Sarah

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 3:21am
post #5 of 10

I think these two cakes are really cute, and they might help give you some ideas to start with. The first one is of a girl on a swing and the second one is of a pool party.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=52479

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=931153

Steelgoddess Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 9:47am
post #6 of 10

Thanks lgc!!

Those are great ideas!!

icon_smile.gif

Steelgoddess Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 10:28am
post #7 of 10

Ahhhhhhhhhh i've had enough of looking at cakes ijust don;t know what to do!!!

icon_cry.gif

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 11:09am
post #8 of 10

Hiya! if you have a look in my pics, for my little boys 2nd birthday i made him an iggle piggle and makka pakka cake! he loves in the night garden too! and they were REALLY easy to make. Everyone loved them and they were a big hit!

Bunsen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bunsen Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 11:38am
post #9 of 10

I had trouble deciding what to do for my son's 1st birthday too - in the end I copied one of his soft toys (it's the dinosaur in my pics). I thought about doing something Night Garden related but it's too complicated for me!

Steelgoddess Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 6:25pm
post #10 of 10

Ok... Thanks for everyones help after umming and arrring for ten billion days I've decided to just go for the In the night gardenn theme!

thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%