Please Help.. Need To Know How Much To Charge For This Cake!

Decorating By crazycakes74 Updated 29 Aug 2009 , 9:47pm by sadsmile

crazycakes74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazycakes74 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 9

I have been asked to make a cake similar to this one, except a 2-tier. Can someone give me an approximate price that I should ask for this? I am somewhat of a beginner & have never done anything this complex, but it will be very time consuming!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
LL

8 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 9

For most people the price will depend on the number of servings needed. All those details will take time, but the flowers will make it easy to cover any flaws in the fondant.

Don't forget about the licensed character issue, if it's for a customer and not a family member.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 8:41pm
post #3 of 9

This one would go for 3.50 per serving if I were selling it in CA.

Good luck!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 9

........Don't forget about the licensed character issue, if it's for a customer and not a family member..........

Yeahicon_sad.gif It's a pain I know but let them put toys on it instead of you making figurines.
Charge by the serving.....2 tiers can serve anywhere from 10 to 100 so we can't help with more on pricing icon_smile.gif Starting price should be around $3 per serving.

crazycakes74 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 9:00pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks guys! I was clueless about the licensed character issue!! But thank goodness it's for a close friend! icon_surprised.gif)

Thanks again for the help!!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 9:21pm
post #6 of 9

http://www.buycostumes.com/Abby-Cadabby-Party-Toppers-6-count/36017/ProductDetail.aspx You can buy them cheep. They look great and saves you making them and worrying about the licensing

crazycakes74 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 9:24pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks guys! I was clueless about the licensed character issue!! But thank goodness it's for a close friend! icon_surprised.gif)

Thanks again for the help!!

crazycakes74 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 9:42pm
post #8 of 9

Sadsmile thank you SO MUCH for that info!!! I just ordered a pack of 6!!!! icon_lol.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 9:47pm
post #9 of 9

Sure! The bonus is the kids or at least some of them will get to keep one. Who doesn't love that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%