Filling A Pecker Cake

Decorating By BeeBoos-8599_ Updated 31 Aug 2009 , 8:56pm by JCE62108

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 7:48pm
post #1 of 11

I have to make my first pecker cake in a week or so and she wants it to have a strawberry filling. i would think that as narrow as it is that splitting it would interfere with it having the right shape when put back together. Any thoughts?

10 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 11

fill like a cupcake? (inject it in little dollops all the way down?)

wrap in fondant to help hold together?

---

and of course you knew this coming -- make it a squirting one and just shoot that filling all over the place/face!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 11

If it's in a shaped pan, then I do think that trying to split it and add filling might be a disaster.

I haven't made a pecker cake yet...DH told me I could use his for a model and I told him they already make Twinkies. He didn't talk to me for a week...icon_razz.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 8:27pm
post #4 of 11

Ahhhh Doug and Texas you make me laugh.....Funny thing ...first Dink cake I made my hubby said I could use his as a model also....I laughed and rolled my eyes!!! icon_rolleyes.gif Even he was shocked how BIG it came out... icon_eek.gif HA!HA!

We're a sick bunch around here.... icon_twisted.gif

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 9:20pm
post #5 of 11

Doug, I thought of that. Would you use a bismark tip to do it? AND NO I am not going to make it squirt. That makes me gag.

Texas, My man offered too. I had to remind him it was for his cousin and then he got sick to his stomach. The twinkie comment is priceless. You should freeze a twinkie then carve it and cover in fondant and give it to him.

Doug Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 9:35pm
post #6 of 11

if you have a bismark tip that'll work just fine....

and if don't, like I don't, then I just use a small round or start tip.

----

sorry, didn't mean to make you gag!

----

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 9:48pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

sorry, didn't mean to make you gag!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ROFLMAO icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Ladies and gents, my mind is in the gutter today.

Doug Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 10:01pm
post #8 of 11

Texas_Rose:

you are

SO

BAD!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 12:18am
post #9 of 11

Doug you know darn good and well that every man likes to make a woman gag. icon_wink.gif

buggus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buggus Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 5:38pm
post #10 of 11

Texas Rose...LOL that made me howl. Too funny.

I agree with Doug, a Bismark tip would be perfect for filling. I made one of these cakes, it's in the gallery if you want to have something to guide you..lol I had alot of compliments on it. icon_razz.gif

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 8:56pm
post #11 of 11

Ahh so you guys dont normally split and fill these things? Hmm. Oh god I would love to make a squirting one. That stuff doesnt bother me at all. I just think it would be funny. icon_smile.gif I gotta figure out how to do that...to bad I cant do that for this project. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%