Acd & Mbn Wilton Special

Decorating By mimimil Updated 23 Aug 2005 , 11:30pm by SquirrellyCakes

mimimil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimimil Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 18

HI all,

They are currently having a special where subscription is like $20 or something like that...or $42 for both... anyhow the special will be available thru the fall!!! Just thought I would let everyone know in case some of you are tight on cash...

Mimi

17 replies
ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 18

Thanks Mimi!!

mimimil Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 18

You're most welcome! I know that sometimes this hobby of ours can get a little pricey so if we can save money here and there I know it helps...

Mimi

fytar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fytar Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 6:43pm
post #4 of 18

I got an email from Wilton yesterday regarding this. I try to be careful with strange emails even when I know who they are from so I decided not to reply directly from the email but to go on Wilton's website. I couldn't find it there and so I guess I was just waiting around a bit. Glad to know it is legit. I really want to buy two books from here though and don't have the extra money. Plus, I just won two bids on Ebay for several yearbooks.

jekizer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jekizer Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 18

OK... I know this is going to be a stupid question... but like the rest of ya'll I like to save money. What is ACD and MBN? Like I said.... stupid question.

mimimil Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 7:01pm
post #6 of 18

ACD - American Cake Decorating Magazine
MBN- Mailbox News

Both are magazines that have very cool cake decorating ideas. Right now they are have a special...I've been wanting to purchase the magazine but it was a bit pricey...

Mimi

jekizer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jekizer Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 7:04pm
post #7 of 18

Thank you Mimi!!! I need to find out how to get in on this deal!!!

mimimil Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 7:09pm
post #8 of 18

You're welcome! Go to the American Cake Decorating website and it will be there... if you have questions there is an (800) you can call...

Mimi

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 7:22pm
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by fytar

I got an email from Wilton yesterday regarding this. I try to be careful with strange emails even when I know who they are from so I decided not to reply directly from the email but to go on Wilton's website. I couldn't find it there and so I guess I was just waiting around a bit. Glad to know it is legit. I really want to buy two books from here though and don't have the extra money. Plus, I just won two bids on Ebay for several yearbooks.

I have heard of others receiving this email. There is nothing about it on the Wilton site, which makes me wonder if it is indeed legit! Has anyone that received this email, sent a copy of it by going directly on the Wilton site and emailing them there? Sorry, but there is a lot of fraud going on lately and it wouldn't be the first time that someone had cracked into the Wilton membership list. Buyer beware!
Hugs Squirrely Cakes

mimimil Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 7:34pm
post #10 of 18

HI there Squirrely,

The email I received was from Wilton...if you click on it it takes you to this link (american cake decorating )

http://www.americancakedecorating.com/wil05/

I totally understand being ify about things out on the internet. I called the 800# listed on this site.

Mimi

SquirrellyCakes Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 7:43pm
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimil

HI there Squirrely,

The email I received was from Wilton...if you click on it it takes you to this link (american cake decorating )

http://www.americancakedecorating.com/wil05/
Mimi,
I received emails from Paypal that looked exactly like the real thing, exactly like real ones I had received. They had a link too and that link was exactly as the real one would be and it brought me to a site that looked exactly like the Paypal site. But none of it was real. That is why I asked. Fortunately I was wary and checked it out with Paypal.
I just found it rather odd that if Wilton is offering this deal in conjunction with these magazines, that they don't have anything about it on the Wilton site. I think I will email them and ask them about it.
There are just so many good frauds out there and ways of them getting into emails and putting up fake email addresses and such, it makes me worry. It is easy to obtain a 1-800 number too.
Just me, but better safe than sorry.
hugs Squirrelly Cakes

I totally understand being ify about things out on the internet. I called the 800# listed on this site.

Mimi

mimimil Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 7:47pm
post #12 of 18

Thanks Squirrely! Please let me know what they tell you. You are right...it's best to be safe than sorry.

Mimi

SquirrellyCakes Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 7:51pm
post #13 of 18

Will do, I am just being over cautious likely! I have had a number of fraudulent emails that I think are directly related to my address appearing on that site. Obviously not Wilton's fault, but annoying just the same. Some sites have even scanned the site to drum up membership.
Anyway, they are usually good to get back to you within a day or so, so we will see. Hope I am not alarming anyone, it just strikes me as a bit odd that they wouldn't be advertising it on their site and that only some members are receiving this email, not all members.
hugs Squirrely Cakes

fytar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fytar Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 8:12pm
post #14 of 18

Hey, I have to be careful of all my emails. Just last week I got this Paypal notice that another email address was added to my account - that I was being notified for security purposes. Now, it looked very real, but something made me think twice about it. I decided to not respond to the email by clicking any of their links and just go to EBay's website and enter through there and when I checked my account information, there was only one email address on the account. I then forwarded the email to Paypal's spam alert address and they quickly replied back that it was indeed a scam and that they were phishing for my personal information. So, for that very reason, I am a little more aware of what I click on.

talmas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
talmas Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 8:42pm
post #15 of 18

I hate to be a party pooper but I think the combination subscription special only saves you $3. Also, if you go directly to the american cake decorating website to order the subsription, all you need is the promotion code. Seems legit if you go this route.

SquirrellyCakes Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 9:49pm
post #16 of 18

Thanks Talmas. Here is Wilton's reply:
Hello Mary Lou (Squirrely Cakes) !

Thanks for checking. I totally understand and can appreciate your concern. The ACDM and emails that were sent out were only sent to the customers who subscribed to our email news. Wilton is in partnership with American Cake Decorating Magazine to help offer this great discount. They have to click on the link, and put in the wil05 code and they will receive the free subscription and the discount.

Again, thanks for checking in!

Wilton Industries

mimimil Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 11:01pm
post #17 of 18

Thanks Squirely! Thanks for doing more research on this matter... greatly appreciate it!

Hugs,
Mimi

SquirrellyCakes Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 11:30pm
post #18 of 18

Hi Mimi,
Haha, I guess I worry someone might get rooked in. But Wilton, as always, was great to get right back with a response!
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%