Price A Fondant/gumpaste Crown?

Decorating By yellobutterfly Updated 30 Aug 2009 , 3:46am by diane

yellobutterfly Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 7

have a request for 3 tiers of cupcakes (on a stand), the top (fourth) tier is a 6in round with a fondant/gumpaste crown on top...that'll be a first.

What's the best way to charge for a fondant/gumpaste crown? The cake and crown separately (if so, how much for the crown) or should take my regular price per serving rate and then add to the pps rate for the crown (if so, how much do I factor in to cover the crown)?

here's a pic:
LL

6 replies
Jayde Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 4:52pm
post #2 of 7

For a simple crown like that I would charge about $10-$25. For a more elaborate crown the price would go up. For RI crowns, those start at $25, mostly because I HATE doing them, and partly because of breakage so I have to make 2, sometimes more.

I dont really have set pricing for my figures/GP items. It really depends on the cake that they are ordering and how elaborate they want the figures.

leah_s Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 7

All toppers from me are $40. Dressmaker style bow, package style bow, flowers, crown. $40.

yellobutterfly Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for the input on pricing - I was afraid to over or under price! Can either of you tell me a basic how-to on a simple crown like this, or point me to a tutorial or thread where this is covered? Would you do fondant, gumpaste, or a blend? TIA!

cylstrial Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 9:59pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellobutterfly

Thanks for the input on pricing - I was afraid to over or under price! Can either of you tell me a basic how-to on a simple crown like this, or point me to a tutorial or thread where this is covered? Would you do fondant, gumpaste, or a blend? TIA!

I would either do a 50/50 fondant/gumpaste blend. Or just gumpaste.

Loucinda Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 2:54am
post #6 of 7

I use gumpaste. Here is a pic of one I did recently:
LL

diane Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 3:46am
post #7 of 7

i would charge between $30 and $40 for a crown. it may be something simple, but it does take time to do and dry. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%