Are Cakes Going To Be O.k.?

Decorating By grannys3angels Updated 29 Aug 2009 , 4:52am by dandelion56602

grannys3angels Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:40am
post #1 of 7

Hi Everyone!

I made my cakes late last night, let them cool and then wrap each of them with press & seal. I just unwrap them to start my stacking & icing, they have like a moisture/dampness to the touch....will they/are they o.k. ?

I have wrap before and froze and will have dampness from the thaw out, but I can't remember if I have ever done them this way before and them have this feel to them.

I swear sometimes I really think I am losing it, I can't seem to remember some things....to much stress or aging or both icon_lol.gif

I would be very "Thankful" for any information.... so my aging mind will be at ease of making someone ill.

God Bless,
Sharon

6 replies
Jeff_Arnett Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:54am
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannys3angels

Hi Everyone!

I made my cakes late last night, let them cool and then wrap each of them with press & seal. I just unwrap them to start my stacking & icing, they have like a moisture/dampness to the touch....will they/are they o.k. ?

I have wrap before and froze and will have dampness from the thaw out, but I can't remember if I have ever done them this way before and them have this feel to them.

I swear sometimes I really think I am losing it, I can't seem to remember some things....to much stress or aging or both icon_lol.gif

I would be very "Thankful" for any information.... so my aging mind will be at ease of making someone ill.

God Bless,
Sharon

Should be fine....probably were just still slightly warm when wrapped.

rockytop Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:58am
post #3 of 7

Your cakes will be fine, mine will do that from time to time.

icer101 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:59am
post #4 of 7

just saw your question. why not just let them sit for about 30 min. before you start icing them.. uncovered to let little air get to them..hth

catlharper Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 4:05am
post #5 of 7

Did you let them thaw in the press and seal? If so then that may be the issue. I unwrap mine right out of the freezer, fill and then crumb coat before they have unfrozen. They are fine from there. Hope they are ok!

grannys3angels Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 4:36am
post #6 of 7

Thank You so very much everyone for your replys and information.

I forgot to say "that I wrap them last and left them on the counter", I didn't freeze them....I am so sorry I forgot that part and left it out in my question.

So, would they do this and be o.k. if they were not frozen? Have you ever just had one of those days or nights?...seems I am having mine tonight icon_lol.gif

Thanks again everyone thumbs_up.gif
God Bless,
Sharon

dandelion56602 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 4:52am
post #7 of 7

They should be ok. I would let them sit uncovered for about 30 min before crumbcoating or icing them b/c you can run into an icing "blowout". not always, but it is a possibility

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%