I Need Some Advice

Lounge By BeeBoos-8599_ Updated 7 Sep 2009 , 3:56am by lthiele

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 1:56am
post #1 of 34

Last winter I did a swap with a "friend" who wanted a large 3 tier cake for her daughters sweet 16. I told her I would do it in exchange for family portraits (she is a professional photgrapher). I also won a gift certificate from her at another event. Overall I had $450 in credit.

A month ago we made the appointment and my family and my dad went to have the pictures taken. It was a blast and she did a great job. About a week later we returned to view the proofs and I verified how much credit I had with her. She stated $450. I started choosing shots and about 3 times during the appointment I made sure I had not gone over my limit.

Today I got a call saying the pictures were in and we agreed that I would get them from her Monday. I come upstairs tonight and there is a bill in my email for $50.00 balance due. I emailed her and told her I was confused becasue I had made sure I was staying within my limit. The
B%^*h emails me back saying
"Not to worry babe, We will work it out. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought you new you were a little over your credit. Perhaps you might be interested in babsitting Sara after school for a couple of hours a few times? If not no biggy we will work it out".
I have no fricken idea what to say to her. Hubby says pay her and get it done wiht. I am pissed and feel like she has me by the short and curlies. AND there is no way I am babsitting her spoiled little brat!

What say you ?

33 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 2:01am
post #2 of 34

I'd say, "Can I see the invoice?"

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 2:10am
post #3 of 34

Oh she sent the invoice totally itemized but am I now supposed to decide which pictures I dont want? She knew damn well I was not in a financial position to go over the budget (hubby is unemployed and I only work part time). I am so pissed at her right now.

beanbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beanbean Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 2:32am
post #4 of 34

Email her back and remind her she quoted you $450 when you picked out the photos. If she sticks to her now price you can either pay her in cash or opt out of a few photos. Do not offer her a gift certificate for another cake! So inappropriate of her to suggest you babysit her child! She sounds like a real piece of work. Unfortunately for her all of her friends will soon figure out the game and then no one will trade services with her let alone remain in friendship with her.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 2:37am
post #5 of 34

I'm sorry that happened.

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 2:43am
post #6 of 34

There is no way I would ever again offer her my services. You can't burn me more than once. The funny thing is that the picture of the cake I made her is the only one that I have never been able to get to load on the site so I cant even show you what she got for her money.

This is odd, I went back into my email to review the invoice and it is no longer showing as an attachment to that email. WTH?? I have no idea where to locate it on my computer. It was in adobe acrobat so I know I had to have downloaded it to view it but my brain is so fried I cannot think of what area to look in.

She is a piece of work. Here is an example. Recently her ex-hubby was driving thier 16 yr old somewhere, had a siezure and hit another car killing the other driver, breaking the dd's 2 arms and allmost killing himself. She was in Canada at a photo school and it took 2 days to get home. She is seuing him for HER pain and agony. Knowing damn well that he and his family are about to loose everything they have to the family of the other driver who was killed. It is all about money to this woman.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 2:44am
post #7 of 34

Well now you know. I hate users and and the"always trying to get over & the hook up" type people. Pay it if you don't want to be out totally, DO NOT babysit for her, which is why I think she all of a sudden had a surplus charge of $50 and don't do that B anothr favor again.

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 2:45am
post #8 of 34

Is each picture at a set price? If so, not getting a few would probably be the way to go. If not and she has it bundled, she might try to screw you over and tell you they are cheaper so you have to cut even more. That way she makes money out of it and you get less.

LaBellaFlor Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 2:47am
post #9 of 34

Okay, I just read what you posted after my first post. If you know this about her, why would you do any type of business with her?

veronica720 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 2:50am
post #10 of 34

Well she the trade was last winter and the accident was recent.

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 2:59am
post #11 of 34

Yeah as the PP said, I did the trade months ago. I just felt as though I covered myself over and over when we were placing the order. I did not let her do any packages becasue they were SOOOO expensive. I ordered each picture ala carte, unframed, unmounted, basic prints. If I had to look at them and then choose which one not to get it would kill me and I would end up buying all of them which just because of principle I will not do at this point.
I just sent her an email and told her that she was going to have to go through the pictures and decide which one she needed to keep in order for me to be within my limit. I asked that she have the remaining pictures delivered to me Monday. I am done with her.
Thanks for your input. You all were much more helpfull than my damn husband.

LaBellaFlor Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:02am
post #12 of 34

I'm so sorry this happened to you and I know those type of money hungry people. I elimanated one of those out my life years ago. Makes you more mad at yourself with dealing with these type of people ,ore then anything else. icon_lol.gif And you should know how husbands can be. ;D

veronica720 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:10am
post #13 of 34

Well it's terrible you have let some go, but at least you will be done with her and have the rest of the pictures.

Some people competely SUCK!!

sorry if that offends anyone, but it is true

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 1:12pm
post #14 of 34

I've always said that you'll know who your true friends are when you do business with them.

This one certainly is no friend.

I think you handled it perfectly, let us know if you ever get your pictures.

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 5:07pm
post #15 of 34

i think you did the right thing. can't believe she suggested you babysit! geeze...

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 5:57pm
post #16 of 34

If you have multiple prints of the same picture, just get one of it, then take it to the picture printing machine at Walmart or Target and print it out for $5, later on when you have the money to do it. I know we're not supposed to copy professional pictures but I'll be honest, when you pay $450 for a bunch of pictures by my figuring you should be entitled to a few extra prints if you need them. And since it sounds like she's cheating you then it would especially be fair.

No babysitting. It's way too easy to get taken advantage of when you babysit. I've been down that road before and it sucks. It makes bitchy husbands too.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 6:01pm
post #17 of 34

I would never trade babysitting for any kind of service. Ugh.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 11:25pm
post #18 of 34

how rude! icon_cool.gif this just proves that there are people in the world who want a handout, but when it's their turn to hand out, they come up short.

it seems like she planned this all along. i would ask for the invoice and if she stills gives you problems, only take the pictures that you want that come within the amount you specified!

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 12:17am
post #19 of 34

I have not heard back from her since my email telling her to choose which picture would have to stay with her and that for some reason I could no longer pull up the invoice (that one is still bugging me). I know all of her emails go right to her blackberry so she just is not responding. I will give her till 4:00 Monday (which is what time she would be picking the brat up from school) and if I do not have my pictures I will simply send her a bill for the cake. She really does not have any idea what I am like once crossed. I totally love court rooms. icon_wink.gif Not to mention that in a small town a reputation can be ruined over things like this. In this part of the world your word still means something to most people.

diane Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 3:38am
post #20 of 34

that right there tells me that she planned this. why is she avoiding you??? i think she's figuring out what she will say when she sees you.

if you can't work out a deal with her, then go ahead and charge her for the cake...maybe then she'll have a change of heart!

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 6:27pm
post #21 of 34

Well while I was in the shower she dropped a box of pictures off in my door with a copy of the invoice.
The pictures she did were really good but half were in black and white which I did not request and the ones of my girls were all on one sheet so there were 2 of each daughter. There was supposed to be 1 sheet of each girl with 2 shots of them. I sent her an email telling her what issues I had and asking that she return today either prior to or after picking up the kids from school. OH, when I added up the total for what I recieved it showed that I was $114 UNDER my credit amount. Time will tell.

diane Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 7:57pm
post #22 of 34

man...is she trying to scam you or what??? i would forget the whole deal and charge her for the cake...what an inconvenience and waste of your time! thumbsdown.gif

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 10:42pm
post #23 of 34

Well, you should have read the email she finally sent me today. She said that she had not responded because she needed time to cool off after the way I had "treated her" and that she can't believe I woudl "treat a friend like this". I cannot believe this woman! I have read and re-read every communication I have sent her and I was toally professional and factual in every one of them. I cannot wait till I get my reprints and this woman is out of my life FOREVER.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 12:30am
post #24 of 34

Boy, she sounds like a real piece of work.

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:57am
post #25 of 34

Just an update. Today I learned that 2 of my family members who ordered prints from this woman have had problems with thier orders also. I am so sorry I got my family involved with this entire thing. I am just playing the waiting game to see if I actually get the reprints.

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 2:22am
post #26 of 34

Like sands through an hour glass so are the days of my life.

Ok, you all are not going to believe who showed up at my door this morning with new prints CRYING and falling into pieces. Yes that is right my super professional photographer who once again did not bother to let me know she was comming over.

I let her in and she stood in my living room balling her eyes out for 45 minutes. She says she just wanted to give me "beautifull pictures" I told her "You did! Just not the ones I ordered". Get this, she thinks that we should spend time together getting to know each other so we can be really good friend. ARE YOU FRICKING KIDDING ME!!!??? This woman needs professional help. I cannot even begin to tell you all the spewing that she managed to do while she was here but you can bet that when she calls to "get together" I am going to be totally booked up.

Oh, did I forget to mention that I figured out how to get copies of all of the pictures I wanted from her web site? And dont even try yelling at me about copywrites, after the crap she put me and my family through I have no guilt about it at all.

Thanks for your support with all of this. You guys are the best.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 4:05am
post #27 of 34

Oh boy. How old is she? Sounds like the change.

Anyhow, good for you, figuring out how to get the pictures off the website icon_biggrin.gif

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 4:41am
post #28 of 34

Yeah.... either the change or she's just a complete psycho.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 4:57am
post #29 of 34

oooh sounds like we could have a "psycho-off" between your photographer and my ex-sister-in-law.

crazies out there... LOTS of crazies out there.

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 5 Sep 2009 , 8:40pm
post #30 of 34

I think Adree has a great idea for a thread there.
I dont think it is the change since she is only about 30 or so (not sure but I know she was in school with my younger hubby). I think she has so much crap going on in her life that I happened along at the precice moment when she exploded. I guess I taught her not to mess with a (allmost)menepausal old woman hehehe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%