How Are These Flowers Made?

Decorating By phoufer Updated 29 Aug 2009 , 1:46am by valerieb52

phoufer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoufer Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 12:48am
post #1 of 7

I was given this picture by a bride. I don't know where she got it and she can't remember. I need to make these flowers for cupcakes....can anyone tell how they are done? are they gumpaste? if so gotta guess which cutter was used. They almost look like they are silk. The centers ? Help! TIA
LL

6 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 1:07am
post #2 of 7

I think they look like real, fresh flowers.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 1:16am
post #3 of 7

They have center molds and you could dust them up in those colors. They would be time consuming to make but not to hard.

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 1:16am
post #4 of 7

They do look real, but I don't think they stuff real flowers on the cake and in the cupcakes. Maybe they are artificial flowers?

phoufer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoufer Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 1:31am
post #5 of 7

I think they are either fresh or silk too, anyone know of a cutter that will acheive something close to this?

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 1:34am
post #6 of 7

If you use the small daisy cutter and roll yur gum paste (or this would be a great use for cold porcelain) with 2 layers of petals you should be able to pull it off.

valerieb52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valerieb52 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 1:46am
post #7 of 7

Looking at one of the cupcakes from the side view, I feel they either used gumpaste or maybe a modeling paste of 50/50 gumpaste and fondant and used a daisy cutter and made 2 layers, thinning each petal and layered the second set of petals between the spaces of the lower layer and let them rest in a small half circle former or similar shape to firm up and piped the center with royal icing or buttercream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%