Help! Cake Due In The Morning

Decorating By TheBlonde Updated 30 Aug 2009 , 12:04am by KitchenKat

TheBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBlonde Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 12:15am
post #1 of 10

This is for my daughter's birthday tomorrow. I'm not completely happy with this cake (BC needs a lot of work) but I just don't have the time or energy to do it. It's missing something though. I have some chocolate pieces I can add to it and some plastic palm trees but I just don't know what to do. PLEASE HELP!

9 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 12:18am
post #2 of 10

I think this cake looks great, I'm not just saying that to make you feel better.

I'm a firm believer in "less is more".

I like it just as it is, it's a really nice cake, great job!

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 12:31am
post #3 of 10

I think you did a great job - the chocolate pieces would be nice in a side dish and the trees for table decor. It really looks great as is!

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 12:38am
post #4 of 10

I agree. Use the rest as a tablescape and create a theme. Keep the cake high on a cake plate. Use the palm trees and some "sand" to create a lower beachy thing. All set to go. Beautiful.

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 12:39am
post #5 of 10

I agree with ^^^ those guys!! Looks great as is. The buttercream looks good too; not perfectly smooth but doesn't look like it needs to be! Great job.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 12:40am
post #6 of 10

I like it--looks well done and complete--great stuff.

TheBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBlonde Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 11:53am
post #7 of 10

Thanks for the responses. I've decided to leave it as is and use the chocolate in a side dish and the rest for decorations. It's a simple cake but I think if I add anything more to it that it will look too busy. Thanks again!!!

dorie67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorie67 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 12:42pm
post #8 of 10

I have to agree with everyone else, it looks great from where I'm sitting. I would use the candy to decorate the table. Nice job! princess.gif

dorie67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorie67 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 12:43pm
post #9 of 10

I have to agree with everyone else, it looks great from where I'm sitting. I would use the candy to decorate the table. Nice job! princess.gif

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 12:04am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorie67

I second that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%