Getting Gumpaste Out Of Candy Mold.

Decorating By MrsNancyB1 Updated 28 Aug 2009 , 10:40pm by Loucinda

MrsNancyB1 Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 4

Another thread here was discussing getting chocolate melts out of a candy mold, and people suggested popping the mold in the freezer and then sliding the chocolate right out.

Will this technique work with gumpaste? I'm thinking to use the candy molds for gumpaste decorations (mostly because they're so much more inexpensive than molds from global sugar art). What can I do to make getting the gumpaste out easier? Should I spray the mold with PAM? Should I dust the mold with corn starch?

TIA!

3 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 9:57pm
post #2 of 4

I spray the molds with pam, then wipe the excess out with a paper towel. The gumpaste will come right out. It helps to use your rolling pin on the mold to smooth the gumpaste into all the small details of the mold.

sadsmile Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 4

Pam or crisco didn't work for me but rubing some corn startch on the gumpaste did. Many ways to work it. You just have to find what works best for you. thumbs_up.gif

Loucinda Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 10:40pm
post #4 of 4

If you are using an intricate mold do NOT put cornstarch in it , it will distort the piece. You can rub a tiny amount of conrstarch on the piece of gumpaste/fondant first THEN put that into the mold. Pop it into the freezer for 15 minutes, then it should unmold just fine. Yes, you can do that with gumpaste and fondant....just 15 minutes is usually all it will need.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%