Please Help Me Find These!

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 29 Aug 2009 , 1:42am by emiyeric

emiyeric Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 8:44pm
post #1 of 10

I've looked and looked and looked, and can't find any candy molds (or chocolate molds) in the shape of margarita glasses. I want o make some out of sugar, and although I have the instructions for making beer bottles, I can't quite do the same thing with a margarita glass, since I can't just turn it inside out in the same way, etc. I'd love to do this with a mold, but can't find any ... please let me know if anybody has any web sites anywhere I don't know of!

Thanks for your help!!

9 replies
badkitty Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 10

What size??? I found a couple styles on Candyland Crafts site...not sure if they are what you are looking for or not. Saw them yesterday when I was looking for something else and thought they were cute.

emiyeric Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 10

Oh, that's awesome, thanks so much! I never thought to look uder champagne glasses (I'm assuming that's what you're referring to there, right? They look just like margarita glasses!).

thanks so much!!

BlakesCakes Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 10

In order to use a mold with hot sugar, it must be a HARD CANDY mold (they're opaque white, not clear) or silicone that can hold liquid up to 375 degrees. Hot sugar will melt anything else.

pattycakesnj Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 10:56pm
post #5 of 10

candyland crafts has both types of molds, for chocolate and hard candy. Rae is correct, they are different

badkitty Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 10:59pm
post #6 of 10

the one's I found were for hard candy and I thought they were listed as margarita glasses, but maybe that just what my brain was WANTING to see! icon_biggrin.gif

emiyeric Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 11:41pm
post #7 of 10

Yes, Rae and Patty, thanks for making sure I knew! I would hate to make a mistake like that. Badkitty, I actually didn't pull anything up under margarita glasses, but I'll go back and make sure the ones I have are hard candy molds, since the champagne shape is not the flute but rather the wide-mouthed glass, and it could double perfectly as a margarita glass. Thanks to all of you for your help!

emiyeric Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 11:56pm
post #8 of 10

Noooo!!!! They're chocolate molds! Let me know, please, if you're pulling up something I'm not finding ...

juliebold Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 12:11am
post #9 of 10

I actually made a martini glass which you could use. What i did is use an actual glass. I made the sugar and poured a large circle on a silpat let it cool a little till I could handle it but was still soft. I sprayed the inside of the glass with pam and then put the circle of sugar in and formed it to the shape and let it cool. I then made the stem and the bottom. There is a pix in my photos.

emiyeric Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 1:42am
post #10 of 10

Juliebold, I love it! That would actually be perfect ... would it be safe (humidity-wise, with the sugar melting) for me to mount a glass on a cake like that a day before it's served? It would be a fondant cake, so not quite as much moisture as a buttercream-covered cake. I love this idea!

Thanks so much for your help, everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%