Please Help Me Find These!

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 29 Aug 2009 , 1:42am by emiyeric

emiyeric  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 8:44pm
post #1 of 10

I've looked and looked and looked, and can't find any candy molds (or chocolate molds) in the shape of margarita glasses. I want o make some out of sugar, and although I have the instructions for making beer bottles, I can't quite do the same thing with a margarita glass, since I can't just turn it inside out in the same way, etc. I'd love to do this with a mold, but can't find any ... please let me know if anybody has any web sites anywhere I don't know of!

Thanks for your help!!

-Emi.

9 replies
 badkitty  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
badkitty Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 10

What size??? I found a couple styles on Candyland Crafts site...not sure if they are what you are looking for or not. Saw them yesterday when I was looking for something else and thought they were cute.

emiyeric Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 10

Oh, that's awesome, thanks so much! I never thought to look uder champagne glasses (I'm assuming that's what you're referring to there, right? They look just like margarita glasses!).

thanks so much!!

-Emi.

BlakesCakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 10

In order to use a mold with hot sugar, it must be a HARD CANDY mold (they're opaque white, not clear) or silicone that can hold liquid up to 375 degrees. Hot sugar will melt anything else.

Rae

pattycakesnj  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 10:56pm
post #5 of 10

candyland crafts has both types of molds, for chocolate and hard candy. Rae is correct, they are different

badkitty  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
badkitty Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 10:59pm
post #6 of 10

the one's I found were for hard candy and I thought they were listed as margarita glasses, but maybe that just what my brain was WANTING to see! icon_biggrin.gif

emiyeric Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 11:41pm
post #7 of 10

Yes, Rae and Patty, thanks for making sure I knew! I would hate to make a mistake like that. Badkitty, I actually didn't pull anything up under margarita glasses, but I'll go back and make sure the ones I have are hard candy molds, since the champagne shape is not the flute but rather the wide-mouthed glass, and it could double perfectly as a margarita glass. Thanks to all of you for your help!

-Emi.

emiyeric Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 11:56pm
post #8 of 10

Noooo!!!! They're chocolate molds! Let me know, please, if you're pulling up something I'm not finding ...

juliebold  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juliebold Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 12:11am
post #9 of 10

I actually made a martini glass which you could use. What i did is use an actual glass. I made the sugar and poured a large circle on a silpat let it cool a little till I could handle it but was still soft. I sprayed the inside of the glass with pam and then put the circle of sugar in and formed it to the shape and let it cool. I then made the stem and the bottom. There is a pix in my photos.

emiyeric Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 1:42am
post #10 of 10

Juliebold, I love it! That would actually be perfect ... would it be safe (humidity-wise, with the sugar melting) for me to mount a glass on a cake like that a day before it's served? It would be a fondant cake, so not quite as much moisture as a buttercream-covered cake. I love this idea!

Thanks so much for your help, everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%