Quilted Pattern On Buttercream.

Decorating By JenniferMcDonald2 Updated 30 Aug 2009 , 4:47am by Mac

JenniferMcDonald2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMcDonald2 Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 1:21pm
post #1 of 5

If anyone has done this, can you tell me how to get that smooth quilted look on buttercream. Don't like the taste of fondant.

4 replies
BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 8:51pm
post #2 of 5

Do you have a quilted impression mat? if so, just let your buttercream icing crust and then put a dusting of cornstarch on the impression mat and press it right into your buttercream and then lift it off. You must be sure that your BC icing has crusted though or it won't work and will lift off with the mat..... icon_eek.gif

acperry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acperry Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 5

I just did the quilted look on a buttercream cake. I didnt have an impression mat so I improvised and used a long plastic ruler. It worked perfectly, I just layed it across the cake with the edge in and pressed down lightly it made the indentations just like I needed. Then I used the little ball shaped sprinkles (look like nerds candy) to put in between. Looked great!

JenniferMcDonald2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMcDonald2 Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 4:30am
post #4 of 5

No, I don't have a mat. Not sure where to find one. I tried it with a ruler but the lines weren't symetical. When I did it on bc it just looked like I cut diamonds in it rather than that smooth quilted look. Should my bc be thicker?

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 4:47am
post #5 of 5

Try www.earlenescakes.com
She has 3 different sizes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%